ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Congleton suffers with 'totally unacceptable' levels of service from Royal Mail

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Congleton suffers with 'totally unacceptable' levels of service from Royal Mail

Post by POSTMAN »

https://congleton.nub.news/n/congleton- ... royal-mail

Residents of Congleton have been suffering with poor levels of Royal Mail post service for weeks.

Hundreds of residents have taken to social media to voice their frustrations with what they describe as totally unacceptable levels of service.

Many households have been without post for weeks and are becoming increasingly concerned at how the poor service will affect their Christmas deliveries.

The issues have affected all Royal Mail services, from standard first and second class post to 24-hour special deliveries.

Congleton’s sorting office have been difficult to contact for residents calling to query the problems.

Nigel Clarke said: “I have been on to companies who should have sent me stuff three weeks ago and they are saying [it has] all been sent and is stockpiled in the post office in Congleton.

“The managers need to sort it, it is not fair to the postmen and women who would get the flack.

“It is shocking service.”

Many residents have been without post for over two weeks and when post does arrive they are receiving days or even weeks worth of post at once.

One annoyed resident reported a three week wait for a Royal Mail 24-hour delivery.

A spokesperson for Royal Mail said: “In some areas in Congleton we are experiencing some disruption to service due to sickness absence and resourcing issues which we are addressing as quickly as possible.

“We apologise to customers for any inconvenience they may experience as we work hard to resolve the situation.”

Addressing concerns over how these issues will affect Congleton’s Christmas post, Royal Mail assured residents that they are getting ready to deliver Christmas by recruiting around 20,000 seasonal workers at sites across the country.

These extra workers will support Royal Mail’s 85,000 permanent postal workers who sort and deliver the mail all year round.

Post in Biddulph has reportedly also been affected.
I Wrote
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.

roadrunner bill

Re: Congleton suffers with 'totally unacceptable' levels of service from Royal Mail

Post by roadrunner bill »

Why are royal mail killing its posties on delivery.. impossible work loads, causing mental health issues....

Is money and profit to the elites... share holders... human being like we all are.... worth more than crippling work loads .. crucifying posties...
Chelseablue

Re: Congleton suffers with 'totally unacceptable' levels of service from Royal Mail

Post by Chelseablue »

Wasnt there supposed to be something on good moring britain regarding customers not getting any mail etc ? Panaroma its a wonder they are not jumping on this