ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Royal Mail boss issues update over Christmas delivery dates

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Royal Mail boss issues update over Christmas delivery dates

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/news/ ... ery-dates/

THE boss of Royal Mail has issued an update to customers over Christmas delivery dates, after fears over HGV driver shortages.

The company has already revealed that it will give £400 million to shareholders following a busy period after soars in online deliveries during the pandemic.

Simon Thompson, boss of Royal Mail, said that inflation is starting to have an impact on the company, but Royal Mail will manage due to costs on fuel and salaries being protected through hedging and new staff contracts.

Mr Thompson said: “If you have a look at posting dates for Christmas this year, we haven’t changed them. So it’s our expectation that we’ll be fine.

“Our team stood up to the challenge through the pandemic and I see no reason why they won’t do the same again.”

Domestic parcel volumes increased 33 percent compared with pre-Covid levels, however international parcels dropped by 32 percent due to air freight shortages and increased customs processing.

Despite this reassurance, Royal Mail has urged customers to begin their Christmas shopping early to avoid missing the final postage dates.

UK latest recommended posting dates for Christmas 2021 are:
Saturday 18 December

2nd class
2nd class signed for
Royal Mail 48
Tuesday 21 December

1st class
1st class signed for
Thursday 23 December

Special Delivery Guaranteed
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."