ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

People 'picking up own post' after being left without for 10 days

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

People 'picking up own post' after being left without for 10 days

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/li ... r-21977657

One woman said she came home from work to find 'piles' of post on the floor

People in one area of Merseyside claim some homes haven't received post for 10 days, with 'piles' of letters being delivered at once.

Residents living in the L36 area of Huyton, Knowsley, claim they have not been receiving post consistently for the last month or so.

Royal Mail has said the disruption to post in the area is due to staff being off sick.

Some people opted to collect their own post from the local depot due to the delays.

One woman said she came home to 'piles' of post when she returned from work this week, with letters dating back to October 15.

She said: "I had just opened the door and was greeted by dozens of letters scraping along the floor in a massive pile.

"It's one of them things I didn't notice until I saw all the post and letter dates."

Another woman living in the area said: "We're lucky if we get it once in three weeks! Then get loads at once dated weeks ago. It's a joke."

Another man said: "Friends of mine have been having to go and pick theirs up, apparently they don't have enough staff."

In a statement a Royal Mail spokesperson told The ECHO: “We are currently experiencing some disruption to service in the L36 postcode area with higher than expected absence levels due to colleagues being off sick.

"We are looking to restore our high service levels as quickly as possible and apologise for any inconvenience.”

But the lack of post now has left some residents concerned about the festive period.

A woman who only just moved to the area said: "Wow, so many of us in the same boat! We’ve just moved here and didn’t know if this was usual - my husband has just called Royal Mail and they said there are 'delays in the area' can’t imagine the chaos there’ll be over the Christmas period."

Huyton isn't the only area in Liverpool having issues with post, just last week residents in Speke and Hale Village reported delays in receiving important parcels and letters over the last few weeks.

One woman in Thornton also said she didn't get any mail for more than a fortnight.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."