ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Is the postal service becoming a thing of the past in Eastbourne?

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Is the postal service becoming a thing of the past in Eastbourne?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.eastbourneherald.co.uk/news ... ne-3428865

Can our local Royal Mail sorting office let us know why there appear to be no deliveries in this part of Upperton?

I booked a holiday from a very reliable company in Bournemouth that I have used for a number of years nine days ago by phone.

At the time they confirmed, as usual, a printed copy of the booking would be sent next day. Not yet received.

Five days ago I received a confirmation appointment by phone of a important scan at DGH. At this time of writing, October 18, I still haven’t received the original letter – which the DGH unit confirms was sent.

There must be many people awaiting utility bills. If you don’t send a reading within seven days etc your bill will be estimated. How many may be stuck with a far higher estimate reading?

And then there will be many waiting to receive a bank statement... the list is endless.

Are other towns having the same problem? I don’t know.

The lovely postman we had for many years was moved fairly recently in a grand reshuffle. All I see now are lots of little red vans delivering small parcels.

Are letters becoming a thing of the past now in Eastbourne, like cash machines and banks, and of course Post Offices.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."

CharlesG

Re: Is the postal service becoming a thing of the past in Eastbourne?

Post by CharlesG »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
23 Oct 2021, 08:48
https://www.eastbourneherald.co.uk/news ... ne-3428865

Can our local Royal Mail sorting office let us know why there appear to be no deliveries in this part of Upperton?

I booked a holiday from a very reliable company in Bournemouth that I have used for a number of years nine days ago by phone.

At the time they confirmed, as usual, a printed copy of the booking would be sent next day. Not yet received.

Five days ago I received a confirmation appointment by phone of a important scan at DGH. At this time of writing, October 18, I still haven’t received the original letter – which the DGH unit confirms was sent.

There must be many people awaiting utility bills. If you don’t send a reading within seven days etc your bill will be estimated. How many may be stuck with a far higher estimate reading?

And then there will be many waiting to receive a bank statement... the list is endless.

Are other towns having the same problem? I don’t know.

The lovely postman we had for many years was moved fairly recently in a grand reshuffle. All I see now are lots of little red vans delivering small parcels.

Are letters becoming a thing of the past now in Eastbourne, like cash machines and banks, and of course Post Offices.
Hello Sir

Thank you for your letter, we received it very late, hence the late reply.
In your local Delivery Office there has been a revision where we have made ALL of the duties equal and EVERYONE has a fair workload. Unfortunately we buggered it, rushed it and we actually forgot we did not have enough staff to carry out the duties.
We planned our revision by making sure everyone was working an hour less per week But we thought we were clever to give each postie MORE work in LESS time , however they dont seem to have fell for it and are not responding to the bullying tactics we demand of our managers.
To be honest sir it is going to be a run down service for the forseeable as staff are realising that we dont care about them so they are starting not to care.
To be honest your house is on an absorption duty so it never actually gets done.
To be honest the only way you will get your letter is if you ask the company to send it tracked delivery or special delivery as this is only measure we are told to clear daily by our Superiors. Even if you send a letter ‘1st Class’ its really going to be around the 10th priority once it reaches the Delivery Unit. Im sure you will agree that Ms Magoo needs her new shoes and make up more than you need your poxy letter.
So.
Hope that clears everything up for you sir

Manager
DO
Chelseablue

Post by Chelseablue »

Spot on !
clashcityrocker

Post by clashcityrocker »

Chelseablue wrote:
23 Oct 2021, 21:36
Spot on !
Is it?
According to a poster in our office the Eastbourne office had over 100 spare hours last week according to the PDA actuals.
It was only surpassed by the Brighton office (which is much larger)

If people aren't getting their mail it would appear that it isn't the revision's fault, but the inability of the managers to put the right resources in the right place at the right time.
Why not phone up Robin Hood
toonshola

Post by toonshola »

clashcityrocker wrote:
25 Oct 2021, 16:47
Chelseablue wrote:
23 Oct 2021, 21:36
Spot on !
Is it?
According to a poster in our office the Eastbourne office had over 100 spare hours last week according to the PDA actuals.
It was only surpassed by the Brighton office (which is much larger)

If people aren't getting their mail it would appear that it isn't the revision's fault, but the inability of the managers to put the right resources in the right place at the right time.
More likely it’s idiots coming in early and running round skipping their breaks. Possibly a combination of the two.