ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Two areas of South Liverpool where people can go 'weeks without post'

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Two areas of South Liverpool where people can go 'weeks without post'

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/li ... e-21935980

People living in part of south Liverpool say they have been left waiting for weeks for their post due to a shortage of postal workers.

Residents in Speke and Hale Village have reported delays in receiving important parcels and letters over the last few weeks.

One man told the ECHO "up to a week's worth of mail" was left at the delivery office in Speke, with many people left with no other option but to go and collect their post themselves.

The delivery office on South Parade opens for two hours between 8am-10am Monday-Friday, and until 12pm on Saturdays.

Royal Mail has apologised for the disruption to the service in these areas and said this is due to staff absence.

A Royal Mail spokesperson said where sickness absences prevent post from being delivered as usual, it aims to deliver "at least every other day."

Several posts have been shared in local community groups on Facebook about the issue, with many people replying to say they have been affected by the issue.

On Wednesday, one woman said: "I haven’t seen a postman in our street for over a week now."

Another added: "Same here no postie all week still waiting for parcels from Monday, hope it sorts itself out soon can you imagine if it was the Christmas rush."

On Thursday, one woman said: "There's been nothing on All Saints for over a week, haven't even seen him walk past and our postie is usually fab, not good when you are waiting on letters."

Replying to a post on Monday, another woman said: "Not for two weeks. My mum and dad went to collect from the sorting office in Speke this morning."

A Royal Mail spokesperson said: “In the Speke and Hale Village area, we are experiencing some disruption to service due to sickness absence.

"We aim to deliver to all addresses we have mail for, six days a week.

"If sickness absences prevents this, we’ll deliver at least every other day.

"We apologise to customers for any inconvenience they may experience as we work hard to resolve the situation.”
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."