ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Sleaford : 'Staffing issues' to blame as people in Lincolnshire town told to expect delays to mail

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Sleaford : 'Staffing issues' to blame as people in Lincolnshire town told to expect delays to mail

Post by POSTMAN »

https://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/news ... re-6056756

People have been without mail for weeks

People living in parts of Sleaford have been told they may only receive mail every other day due to Royal Mail staffing issues.

It comes after a cycle repair shop owner said he may have to complete a 220-mile journey to collect vital parts after not receiving any deliveries for more than a week.

Paul Bellingham, who runs the Cycle Guy repair shop on Peterborough Way, Sleaford, said that the delays have set him back on some high-end and time-sensitive jobs.

He said he may have to drive to Buckinghamshire to collect parts so he can carry out repairs on bikes before the National Road Championships in Lincoln this weekend.

Now, a Royal Mail spokesman has confirmed deliveries are being "rotated" due to staffing issues and a recruitment drive is underway in the area.

He said: "We are experiencing slight delays in delivering mail around some parts of the Sleaford area.

"We are rotating deliveries on an every other day basis where we are having short-term difficulty.

"This has been caused by a high vacancy level; in order to rectify this, recruitment is well underway and we hope to be back to our normal service levels shortly."

The guidance comes as the reported delays enter their second week.

Some residents have been left without mail for as long as nine days, in areas such as Holdingham and Ruskington.

Couriers are not reported to be affected.

In a previous statement provided to Lincolnshire Live, Royal Mail said they were working to address the problems "as quickly as possible."
I Wrote
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.

frankieboy

Re: Sleaford : 'Staffing issues' to blame as people in Lincolnshire town told to expect delays to mail

Post by frankieboy »

Another revision going well I see.
rambo1
EX ROYAL MAIL

Re: Sleaford : 'Staffing issues' to blame as people in Lincolnshire town told to expect delays to mail

Post by rambo1 »

How many more years have Royal Mail got left?
ted_e_bear

Post by ted_e_bear »

What happened to blaming covid for staff shortages, I thought they would have used that excuse until at least after Christmas. :roll: