ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

YOU'VE NOT GOT MAIL: RESIDENTS OF EAST DULWICH FACE HORRENDOUS POSTAGE DELAYS

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

YOU'VE NOT GOT MAIL: RESIDENTS OF EAST DULWICH FACE HORRENDOUS POSTAGE DELAYS

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.southwarknews.co.uk/news/ea ... oyal-mail/

A road in East Dulwich is on the verge of picketing their local Royal Mail branch as their post is taking weeks to arrive.

One resident of post-deprived Overhill Road, David Brady, says he posted a letter to himself three weeks ago by first class post to test it – but, at time of writing, has yet to receive his letter.

Residents report that they have complained multiple times, but have ‘gotten nowhere’, and now say they are considering picketing the local post office to try and get the message through.

“You can’t run a life on email alone,” said David. “You actually do need to physically receive things every now and then. A driving licence, legal documents, bank cards.

“It’s at a ridiculous level where a visit from a postman gives the same amount of joy as a visit from Santa Claus.”

As the News reported at the time, there have been problems with the post in SE22 ever since the East Dulwich branch merged with the Peckham office in 2017.

Letters that should have been delivered within days take weeks to arrive, causing residents to miss key events such as birthdays or the delivery of passports.

“I understand that in any kind of change like that, you’ll get some teething problems,” said David, “but not after four years, and this has been going on for a while.

“It’s a basic level of expectation for a service that we’re paying for.

“It’s like going to a restaurant – if you order your meal, would you be satisfied with it arriving two weeks later?”

This is what led David to post the letter to himself, which had written inside it: “let’s wait and see when I get back..?”

“It’s a little tongue-in-cheek, obviously,” he said, “but this is a serious issue that is effecting a lot of people.

“I don’t think it has any reflection on the actual people doing the work – they’re working really hard. But I think they’re being managed poorly and not being given the budget.

“Cynically I would think Royal Mail are prioritising packages because they’re more profitable.”

A Royal Mail spokesperson said: “In the East Dulwich area, we are experiencing some disruption to service due to high levels sick absences and colleagues on annual leave. We are looking to resolve the situation in the near term by offering colleagues additional overtime and by getting in more resource.

“We aim to deliver to all addresses we have mail for six days a week. In cases of high sick absences, we typically commit to delivering at least every other day.

“We apologise to customers for any inconvenience they may experience as we work hard to resolve the situation”
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."

crimson king

Re: YOU'VE NOT GOT MAIL: RESIDENTS OF EAST DULWICH FACE HORRENDOUS POSTAGE DELAYS

Post by crimson king »

David has proper sussed the truth :thumbup
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
WASD
EX ROYAL MAIL

Re: YOU'VE NOT GOT MAIL: RESIDENTS OF EAST DULWICH FACE HORRENDOUS POSTAGE DELAYS

Post by WASD »

Give that RM Spokesperson a raise, they're working hard!
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Post by POSTMAN »

A Royal Mail spokesperson said:
Where's our Sal?
I Wrote
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.