ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Royal Mail keeps guidance as parcels volumes drop

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Royal Mail keeps guidance as parcels volumes drop

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.proactiveinvestors.co.uk/co ... 61134.html

Royal Mail Group PLC said parcel volumes had slowed sharply since the easing of lockdown restrictions but kept its guidance for profits this year unchanged.

In the two months to the end of this August, parcel volumes at Royal Mail dipped by 9% to 246mln though letters rose by 2% while overseas arm GLS’ volumes rose by 7%.

Volumes are still well above two years ago said the postal group with the number of domestic parcels handled up by 32% against the period in 2019.

Revenues in July and August 2021 rose to £1.97bn or 1.9% above last year and 13.9% higher than 2019.

UK arm Royal Mail's sales were flat as a 4.6% drop in lower parcels revenue was offset by a recovery in letters. GLS revenues rose by 4.5%.

The first-half profit (to September) was again forecast to be in the region of £395-400mln, with £230mln at least from Royal Mail.

Over the rest of the year, costs are rising in the UK but operating profit and margins will be higher in the second half due to its recent union agreement and other cost savings.

GLS is also seeing costs rise and running into some labour shortage problems, but these will be absorbed with existing guidance said the statement of low single-digit percentage revenue growth and 8% margins.

For the five months to end August, Royal Mail handled 616mln parcels in the five months to end August, down 12% on a year ago but still 18% higher than the comparable period in 2019.

Letter volumes picked up 13% year-on-year but were down 19% on a two-year view.

Overseas arm GLS increased volumes by 9% and by 30% over 2019.

Revenues for the five months were £5.12bn, up by 8.2% compared to 2020 and by 17.7% over 2019.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."