ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Royal Mail to trial two new electric vehicles for deliveries

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Royal Mail to trial two new electric vehicles for deliveries

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/news/uk ... ew-5939933

Royal Mail is to trial two types of micro electric vehicles for delivering letters and small parcels in a move aimed at stepping up its drive to further reduce emissions.

The vehicles, roughly the size of a golf buggy or a quad bike, will be assessed in residential areas as a potential lower carbon alternative to larger vans.

They have been specially designed to help postal staff deliver letters and smaller parcels on their daily rounds.

The six-month trial will see a selection of vehicles operating in Edinburgh, Crewe, Liverpool, Swindon and London.

Simon Thompson, chief executive officer at Royal Mail, said: “It’s really exciting to see these micro electric vehicles making their way into our daily deliveries.

“We’re committed to keep on reducing our environmental impact and we intend to leave no stone unturned in trialling new technologies and new ways of delivering to help us do that.

“As our fantastic posties make most deliveries on foot, this already means we have the lowest reported CO2e per parcel of major UK delivery companies.

“From drones to electric vehicles, fuel-efficient tyres to bio-CNG trucks, we’ll keep on innovating to reduce our environmental impact even further.”

The vehicles, which can accommodate more than an average daily round’s worth of letters and small parcels, are charged using a standard three-pin plug.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."

2yearpostie

Re: Royal Mail to trial two new electric vehicles for deliveries

Post by 2yearpostie »

Simon, sweetie, we need sprinter vans not bloody golf buggies! We cant fit a delivery in a Doblo let alone this. :arrrghhh
Dlareg
EX ROYAL MAIL

Post by Dlareg »

I retired this year but if you can fit a delivery in the back of this seriously thinking of coming back but it’s nice to see nothings changed guys at the top haven’t got a clue.
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Post by POSTMAN »

I Wrote
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
cockneyrebel
EX ROYAL MAIL

Post by cockneyrebel »

Did we not trial something pedal orientated in milton keynes area i believe last year ??
What happend to those ??
Assume not kept on after 6 months
And guess these will follow suit
What we need is a fleet of 3.5 tonnes electric vans like most of our competitors have now
BUT MORE IMPORTANT RIGHT NOW
We need a huge increase in FULL TIME PERSONNEL
Because quite simply as we all know we are failing all over the country My personal depot 9 walks Saturday 6 full 3 half Did not go out
We failed for the last 18 days I believe
3 covid cases but in general-just overwhelmed by sheer volume and lack on full time IPS Trained staff
Clear the Office Mr Thompson ??
IF ONLY WE COULD !!!!
IPS 4x times busier than before Covid yet the 5 full timers who left here in last 6 months not replaced like for like WHY ??
we are ageing/tiring, sickness high, morale low And it only September
Lot of big salaries at highest level in this Company -No issue with that personally-never have had - IF YOUR EARNING IT ???
With the exception of Mr Thompson who has been visible-very few others at the top have been of late ????????????????????
Lack of Deliveries is UK Wide and it needs rectifing
340 jobs on web-site
We not an attractive package anymore
2yearpostie

Post by 2yearpostie »

So smaller than a Bipper!

and 28mph top speed is frankly dangerous.
Chelseablue

Post by Chelseablue »

Lets trial ,, the return of the grey boxes on the streets!
worktotime

Post by worktotime »

just a couple of points firstly you would need enough staff to use them to use for delivery :thumbup , and how would the large parcels get done ? as we was told by a manager that we couldnt have parcel drivers in our orrifice revision as the company didnt find it viable to have them :crazy: .
worktotime

Post by worktotime »

POSTMAN wrote:
20 Sep 2021, 13:51
unreal :arrrghhh , but mean wile in the real world :d'oh!
ted_e_bear

Post by ted_e_bear »

worktotime wrote:
20 Sep 2021, 16:25
POSTMAN wrote:
20 Sep 2021, 13:51
unreal :arrrghhh , but mean wile in the real world :d'oh!
Just watched that and I'm rendered speechless
fb1969
EX ROYAL MAIL

Post by fb1969 »

Simon's secret plan is out......

RM will soon be delivering pizzas, Terry Pullinger has been taste testing them for the last 3 months.
Last edited by fb1969 on 20 Sep 2021, 18:56, edited 1 time in total.
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
cockneyrebel
EX ROYAL MAIL

Post by cockneyrebel »

The Security Aspect of both vehicles ?? I keep thinking of all the local idiots riding the hub bikes around for weeks on end
And both look rather prone to some severe damage if struck by car or god forbid something bigger, especially front and side on does not look much protection
Even allowing for being used in residential areas -They would have to be on the road at all times
and wondering if they slow to pull away from Junctions
twoloops

Post by twoloops »

Jahpostie
EX ROYAL MAIL

Post by Jahpostie »

They really are utterly clueless. Do we operate in another dimension or something. Some days a boots order to a single customer would fill one of those things. Even if all the large parcels were taken they would still be too small.
We need more Posties not f£cking noddy vans.
Jahpostie
EX ROYAL MAIL

Post by Jahpostie »

cockneyrebel wrote:
20 Sep 2021, 15:09
Did we not trial something pedal orientated in milton keynes area i believe last year ??
What happend to those ??
Assume not kept on after 6 months
And guess these will follow suit
What we need is a fleet of 3.5 tonnes electric vans like most of our competitors have now
BUT MORE IMPORTANT RIGHT NOW
We need a huge increase in FULL TIME PERSONNEL
Because quite simply as we all know we are failing all over the country My personal depot 9 walks Saturday 6 full 3 half Did not go out
We failed for the last 18 days I believe
3 covid cases but in general-just overwhelmed by sheer volume and lack on full time IPS Trained staff
Clear the Office Mr Thompson ??
IF ONLY WE COULD !!!!
IPS 4x times busier than before Covid yet the 5 full timers who left here in last 6 months not replaced like for like WHY ??
we are ageing/tiring, sickness high, morale low And it only September
Lot of big salaries at highest level in this Company -No issue with that personally-never have had - IF YOUR EARNING IT ???
With the exception of Mr Thompson who has been visible-very few others at the top have been of late ????????????????????
Lack of Deliveries is UK Wide and it needs rectifing
340 jobs on web-site
We not an attractive package anymore
This Simon, this. Si.......