ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Early morning car crash destroys Audley Gate post box

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Early morning car crash destroys Audley Gate post box

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.peterboroughmatters.co.uk/l ... nt-1105742

A car has completely destroyed a Royal Mail postbox at the Audley Gate and Thorpe Park Road junction.

The early-morning incident resulted in the destruction of the Royal Mail post box.

Emergency services were called at around 1.45am

The Nissan Micra left the road and hit the postbox in the early hours of Thursday morning (September 16). A passing motorist called the emergency services.

The cast iron postbox was smashed to pieces and thrown across a wide area, including in the entrance to Thorpe Hall.

Both airbags in the car had deployed and the front of the vehicle had sustained significant damage.

Police, ambulance and fire crews responded to the incident.

A police spokesperson said: "We were called at 1.42am this morning (Thursday) with reports of a collision in Thorpe Road, Peterborough, where the driver fled the scene.

"A 20-year-old man from Peterborough was arrested nearby on suspicion of drink driving, taking a vehicle without the owner’s consent, failing to stop at the scene of a collision and failing to report a collision.

"He’s currently in custody at Thorpe Wood Police Station."

A spokesperson for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue said: "Crews were called to a road traffic collision at around 1.45am on Thorpe Road. A vehicle had hit a post box.

"No action was required from our crews and they returned to station by 2.10am."

No one was injured in the incident.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."