ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Royal Mail workers win 'Resilience Award'

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Royal Mail workers win 'Resilience Award'

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.cwu.org/news/royal-mail-wor ... nce-award/

“Our whole country, the NHS and the Government depended on Royal Mail workers during the pandemic – and Royal Mail workers delivered,” said Dave Joyce, after the award of a ‘Resilient Workforce’ accolade at a business presentation in central London earlier this week.

“It’s good to see some well-deserved public recognition of their heroic efforts,” our national health, safety & environment national officer added.

This new category within the CIR Annual Business awards recognises the company’s most important asset – its workforce, Dave explained, and the judges looked for evidence of business continuity practices that put people at the heart of the organisation’s continuity planning as well as demonstrating involvement, communications and the organisation’s commitment to safeguarding the workforce, as a vital asset.

Royal Mail Group entered the ‘Resilient Workforce Award’ to recognise the amazing response of the workforce in the UK Postal Service operation during the Covid-19 pandemic.

Royal Mail Group was recognised for the collective response of the employer, trade unions and workforce, working through the Covid-19 pandemic as an essential UK service over the last 18 months.

In his response Royal Mail’s global director of safety, health, wellbeing, compliance & sustainability Dr Shaun Davis RMG said: “The award highlighted the trust that was built as the business responded to the challenges of Covid to keep our people safe as we continued to deliver for the nation.”

And, commenting further, Dave Joyce highlighted the “heroic commitment and dedication of UK front line CWU-grade postal workers in Royal Mail and Parcelforce in keeping the country connected and resiliently maintaining the postal service during the Covid-19 pandemic by delivering for the nation, not only a normal service but one which saw record levels of traffic passing through our network.

“The country, the Government and the NHS depended on us and we delivered, proving that Royal Mail is the best in the world. I would personally like to dedicate this award to those colleagues who were Covid victims and are sadly no longer with us.”

For further details please see LTB 372/21
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."

POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Re: Royal Mail workers win 'Resilience Award'

Post by POSTMAN »

I Wrote
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.