ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Knitted postbox top in Gillingham praised by Royal Mail

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Knitted postbox top in Gillingham praised by Royal Mail

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/ ... oyal-mail/

A POSTBOX in Gillingham has had a very special makeover in celebration of the Paralympics.

The knitted scene of a Paralympic tennis match sits proudly atop a red postbox in Gillingham as a tribute to Team GB’s Paralympic athletes currently challenging for medals in Tokyo.

The decoration was seen by Royal Mail, who tweeted their delight at the knitted top to their 164,000 followers.

A Royal Mail spokesperson said: “Over the years we have enjoyed seeing the various postbox toppers that different groups have showcased in local communities across the UK.

“This particular topper is as inspirational as it is creative, with its focus on the amazing achievements of ParalympicsGB.”

The sweetly sewn topper was made by keen knitter Sandra Bird.

This comes after a postbox in Elgin Road, Poole, was painted gold in what was thought to be a tribute to a Dorset Olympian Hannah Mills, who became the most decorated female Olympic sailor ever at the Tokyo Olympics.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."