ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Amazon Orders SNAFU for Royal Mail Click & Drop

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Amazon Orders SNAFU for Royal Mail Click & Drop

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://tamebay.com/2021/08/amazon-orde ... -drop.html

On one of the busiest shipping days of the year, just after a Bank Holiday when there’s a three day weekend of shipments to go, there’s an Amazon Orders SNAFU problem with Click & Drop. For some reason orders aren’t being downloaded from Amazon into Click & Drop.

“We have been made aware of an issue at Amazon affecting multiple systems that is preventing orders from being downloaded into Click & Drop.

We are awaiting a response from Amazon, and will continue to update this page with any new information”
– Royal Mail

This statement is interesting as Royal Mail appear to be suggesting that the Amazon Orders SNAFU has been caused by Amazon and is not a problem with Royal Mail Cick & Drop. If Royal Mail haven’t changed anything or published any software updates then their statement suggests that Amazon have changed something.

Based on what we know, we believe that this would likely be an API issue, although why Amazon would cut off API access to Royal Mail Cick & Drop we don’t know… which is why we suspect the Amazon Orders SNAFU is simply a cock up somewhere and not intentional.

If you are wanting to ship orders today and have too many to manually type them all into Royal Mail’s website, one option might be to use Amazon Shipping to purchase labels instead, although if you’re not already set up for this then you probably won’t have time to get everything lined up and your orders out of the door today.

Your biggest issue probably isn’t waiting for the Amazon Orders SNAFU to be fixed, but making sure it doesn’t cascade into hitting your Amazon metrics too badly which could have much more severe longer term impacts than simply upsetting a few customers who’s orders don’t arrive tomorrow and having a load of WISMO (Where IS My Order) messages to respond to.

We’ll update when we hear more and are crossing our fingers the issue is rapidly resolved.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."