ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Llandrindod delivery office named best in the UK

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Llandrindod delivery office named best in the UK

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.brecon-radnor.co.uk/article ... hyear=2021

Llandrindod Wells Delivery Office in Wales has been recognised as the UK’s top Large Delivery Office of the year in Royal Mail’s prestigious annual CEO and COO Awards.

The Awards recognise the Company’s highest-performing operational units across the UK over the last year and are designed to promote excellence.

They are sponsored by Royal Mail’s Chief Executive Simon Thompson, and by Royal Mail’s Chief Operating Officer Achim Dünnwald.

The annual awards reward those teams that have gone above and beyond to deliver high levels of customer service. A panel of judges look closely at a range of key measures including quality of service, safety and efficiency to assess performance throughout the year.

Each of the six winning teams secure a prize of £10,000 to spend on enhancements to their unit.

Royal Mail CEO, Simon Thompson, said: “This past year has been tough for the whole nation and at Royal Mail we have faced unprecedented challenges in keeping the UK connected.

“I am incredibly proud of the role that all our people have played in the nation’s fight against the pandemic. These awards recognise those teams that have excelled in the midst of these challenges.

“I offer them all my heartfelt thanks and congratulations for keeping such a laser focus on our customers throughout it all.”

Llandrindod Wells Delivery Office Manager, Mark Ingram, said: “This award has to be the pinnacle of every manager’s career. To win such a prestigious award is very humbling - and to be recognised as the best large delivery office nationally is beyond my wildest dreams. These past twelve months have been very challenging with the pandemic.

“At Llandrindod Wells we have faced additional challenges as our area is predominantly rural covering a huge swathe of 700 square miles of countryside. I’m very lucky to have such a great team.

“All through the pandemic our postmen and postwomen worked above and beyond the call of duty to give the best service to our customers. Being recognised with this national award is the cherry on top!”
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."

WASD
EX ROYAL MAIL

Re: Llandrindod delivery office named best in the UK

Post by WASD »

Well done to them.

But realistically 10k to an office that doesn't need help? Surely 200 notes each would be a better gesture?
ted_e_bear

Post by ted_e_bear »

So reading the post 2 up from this one it looks like Mark Ingram will be shipped out soon.
Jefferson Starfish

Post by Jefferson Starfish »

I dread to think where in the league table my DO is.
rubberbond

Post by rubberbond »

Ours is in the local Sunday league and dropping rapidly.