ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Scottish mum overwhelmed at kind postman's thoughtful gift for her six-year-old son

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Scottish mum overwhelmed at kind postman's thoughtful gift for her six-year-old son

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/news/ed ... s-21107487

Gemma Louise Turkington says her son Edward was overjoyed when his pal 'Paul the Postie' dropped off a kind note and gift.

A super-generous Midlothian postie made a young schoolboy's day by dropping off a brilliant gift while out on his rounds.

Gemma Louise Turkington says her six-year-old son Edward was overjoyed when his pal, known affectionately as Paul the Postie, brought round a thoughtful note and superhero-themed present totally unprompted.

She says the six-year-old Gorebridge Primary pupil loves a chat with the postman when he's round delivering mail, and the two have built up quite the friendship. Edward is particularly fond of telling the postal worker about superheroes, and some of his favourite characters.

However Gemma says she was left shocked at the postie's kindness when he chapped the door and presented Edward with a special 20-year-old Spiderman badge.

Gemma, 32, told Edinburgh Live: "Edward loves to talk a lot, and ask a lot of questions. He's friendly with everybody. Most adults would probably get annoyed by it but not the postman.

"He's always out chatting to him about Spiderman, superheroes and Star Wars when he's delivering his mail. They've built up a wee friendship.

"He chapped on the door with the badge, which is actually 20-years-old. He said he had three of them and his kids had them when they were younger. Edward was absolutely over the moon."

Gemma says that Edward is mad keen on swimming, football and playing out in the park with his pals – but superhero stories are his real passion and he's looking forward to wearing his Spiderman badge with pride.

The mum of three – who also has daughters Ebaney, 14, and Abbie, aged eight months – shared news of the postal worker's kind gesture on social media and says she was swamped with messages from others who also had good things to say about him.

She added: "It happened on Friday and posted on Facebook the same day. I was amazed by the amount of people who commented to say nice stuff about him.

"He always has a smile on his face and goes above and beyond. For a lot of people seeing the postie will be a highlight of the day, especially during the pandemic. He's always so positive and really lights up the place."

Dozens of people were quick to praise 'Paul the Postie' after spotting news of his gesture.

Valerie Cameron said: "Paul is amazing, always a smile and a chat. Hope Royal Mail appreciate such great posties."

Nadie Collins added: "It's our postman in Birkenside. He's AMAZING with my grandkids, they always look out for POSTMAN PAUL."

Joe Adams commented: "Paul was telling me yesterday he was going to do this. Edward was accompanying him on his route round the block, talking his ear off, and told him Spiderman was his favourite. He's a good bloke."

Chris Reid posted: "Paul is a wonderful person! Always has a good chat with our two kids and has so much time for everyone. He really is just a smashing human! Good on you Paul and lucky lad Edward! Keep asking him questions... He loves it!"
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."