ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Wilkos store and Royal Mail office bought by council

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Wilkos store and Royal Mail office bought by council

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/ ... e-21053740

The current home of Wilkinsons and the Royal Mail sorting office in Nuneaton town centre have been sold.

Warwickshire County Council has confirmed to CoventryLive that it has bought both buildings on Church Street.

Now the county council has confirmed what it was about - Wilkos and the nearby Royal Mail Nuneaton delivery office.

"A Warwickshire County Council spokesperson said: “We can confirm that the properties last Thursday’s cabinet paper referred to were those currently occupied by Royal Mail and Wilkos.

"WCC is currently working with them on their relocation in order to allow for the regeneration plans for this area of the town centre to be delivered."

It is no secret that the county council needs the land they both sit on as part of the wider plans to transform this part of town.

This includes a new almost £20m library and offices in the Vicarage Street/Church Street area.

Nuneaton's main library is also set to be bulldozed as part of the regeneration of the area.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."

SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Re: Wilkos store and Royal Mail office bought by council

Post by SpacePhoenix »

Just had a quick look on Google Maps, it doesn't seem to be that big a building so probably not many walks. My guess is that they'll merge into a nearby DO
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Post by POSTMAN »

I Wrote
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
wallan

Post by wallan »

SpacePhoenix wrote:
19 Jul 2021, 10:28
Just had a quick look on Google Maps, it doesn't seem to be that big a building so probably not many walks. My guess is that they'll merge into a nearby DO
Combined Crown Post Office / Delivery Office , Post Office Closed years ago , 600 cf,s unable to access loading bay , height restriction
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by SpacePhoenix »

wallan wrote:
22 Jul 2021, 08:55
SpacePhoenix wrote:
19 Jul 2021, 10:28
Combined Crown Post Office / Delivery Office , Post Office Closed years ago , 600 cf,s unable to access loading bay , height restriction
Probably also a width restriction as well now. The newer 600s are a bit wider than the older ones, don't think by much but for the odd DO locally it's just enough to stop a 600 from heading into the yard