ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Royal Mail plead with Edinburgh local to stop stuffing dirty nappies in a postbox

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Royal Mail plead with Edinburgh local to stop stuffing dirty nappies in a postbox

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/news/ed ... l-21053133

An individual has been accused by the Royal Mail of shoving used diapers in a postbox outside a capital primary school.

A POSTBOX in Edinburgh has been pictured with a bizarre request believed to be from the Royal Mail asking for an individual to stop shoving dirty nappies inside it.

The warning sign is thought to have been added to the mailbox, located on Bonnington Road, Edinburgh within the past week.

A passerby noticed the message supposedly from the Royal Mail after they went to post a birthday card but were unable to fit the post into the box.

Royal Mail have had to issue a stark warning about a local ‘stuffing dirty nappies’ in a postbox outside an Edinburgh primary school.

The written request appeared on the postbox outside Parkside Primary School opposite Bonnington Bond offices this week.

The Royal Mail says that the problem is so bad that they have had to fit a restrictive plate on the postbox to stop the “unsavoury items” from being posted.

One local told how they noticed the message after they tried to post a birthday card but were unable to fit the post into the box.

Pictures show a red sign taped to the top of the post box with bold white lettering saying: "Health and safety concern.

“We would appreciate if the individual who continues to place dirty nappies into this box will stop doing this otherwise the box will be sealed and put out of use.”

The postbox on Bonnington Road has recently had the sign affixed to it.

A local, who wished to remain anonymous, said: “I tried to post a birthday card last night but couldn't fit it in the tiny opening.

“Then I spotted the message taped on top. It's just weird. I've never heard of this before.”

A spokesperson for Royal Mail said: “The health and safety of our colleagues and customers is our number one priority at Royal Mail.

"We were made aware of a number of unsanitary items being placed in the Bonnington Road postbox in Edinburgh.

"We have now fitted a restrictive plate on the postbox.

"This will make it is much more difficult for vandals to post unsavoury items which both damage the mail and create unsafe and unpleasant working conditions for the postmen and postwomen who empty it.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."