ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Staff absences affecting post delivery in Wallasey

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Staff absences affecting post delivery in Wallasey

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.wirralglobe.co.uk/news/1942 ... -wallasey/

A resident living in one part of Wirral claims they haven’t received any post in a week due to Royal Mail staff shortages.

The postal service confirmed it is experiencing “higher than usual employee absences” in Wallasey.

As a result, staffing levels have fallen and extra resources have been pulled in to try and make up for the shortfall.

A Wallasey resident, who asked not to be named, said: “I have not had any mail for a week, my son phoned the Royal Mail depot in Wallasey.

“They told him they do not have any postmen to make the deliveries.”

When contacted by the Local Democracy Reporting Service, Royal Mail, which is understood to employ around 90,000 postmen and postwomen in the UK, said absences are hitting its staff numbers.

A Royal Mail spokesperson said: “We are experiencing higher than usual employee absences in Wallasey. This has had a direct impact on our staffing levels.

“We have pulled in extra resource to try to address that shortfall and support colleagues. We apologise for any delays to delivery. Every single letter and parcel is important to us.

“Our people are working hard to deliver as comprehensive a service as possible to all our customers in challenging circumstances.

“We remain grateful to all our customers in these areas for their patience and understanding as our dedicated workforce work hard to deliver, whilst also adhering to necessary social distancing measures.”

However, when asked how reliable their post has been recently, members of the Facebook group Wallasey Gossip said they hadn’t noticed any issues.

One person said: “Our post is excellent.”

Another member of the group, who lives within the CH44 postcode area, added: “I get mine and have a lovely postie.”

Others from Poulton and Wallasey Village said they had also received their post as normal.

But one member of the group was less happy with the postal service.

Talking about reports of disruption, they said: “It’s nothing unusual for Wallasey at the moment. It’s been sporadic all year.”
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."