ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Man fined after stealing from Royal Mail in Kent

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Man fined after stealing from Royal Mail in Kent

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/new ... mail-kent/

A thief who stole cash and gift cards from parcels has avoided jail.

Disgraced Kirk Wilcock stole 464 packages from Royal Mail between August 2019 and June 2020.

The 42-year-old worked as a postman for 22 years.

Wilcock pleaded guilty when he appeared before magistrates in North Kent charged with three offences.

The first charge Wilcock admitted was the theft of 460 postal packets containing greeting cards, cash and gift cards, to the value of £1,080.

He also admitted using five JD Sports gift cards for payment of goods in the sum of £64.99 on May 25, 2020 in Rochester.

Finally, Wilcock pleased guilty to stealing four postal packets containing greeting cards, £20 in cash and a gift card on June 30, 2020.

Wilcock, of Cliffe Woods, in Kent was given a six month jail sentence, suspended for 24 months.

He will have to carry out unpaid work for 250 hours within the next twelve months.

He was also ordered to pay prosecution costs of £205 and £1,080 in compensation.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."

Skuse
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Re: Man fined after stealing from Royal Mail in Kent

Post by Skuse »

Scumbag