ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

CLASS ACT Video shows moment hero Scots postman tore hand as he thwarted masked robbers while on his round

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

CLASS ACT Video shows moment hero Scots postman tore hand as he thwarted masked robbers while on his round

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/15523691/ ... -grantown/

A HERO postie came to the rescue and rumbled two burglars who’d broken into a house on his round.

Gavin Wood, 38, turned up as the pair were ransacking an isolated country steading and had loaded a safe onto a wheelbarrow in Grantown-on-Spey, Inverness-shire.

It looked like they were getting ready to fill up their motor as they’d also piled up stuff including a telly and a tooblox from the pad at the side of the road.

But as soon as they spotted single dad Gavin still in his uniform they did a runner.

Gavin, 39, said: “I wasn’t scared at all - I wanted a scrap with them. I was all pumped up and ready to go so I was a bit disappointed that they managed to get away. I hoped I’d get to make a citizen’s arrest or something like that.”

Gavin has been a postie in the area for eight years and knows everyone locally.

He thought there was something wrong when he saw the beige Volkswagen driving about and then parking up in a strange spot on Tuesday afternoon.

Gavin went and finished the rest of his deliveries but decided to go back and see what was happening at Balnaan Steading, Dulnain Bridge, Inverness-shire.

When he got to the house he stumbled upon a smashed window and recorded himself on his phone as he headed inside the house.

But he stopped when he realised the pair were at the other side of the field.
Gavin said: “They would probably have been there for hours. The owner of the house was away and wouldn’t been back until night.

“No-one would have disturbed them if I hadn’t gone round. But when one of them saw me they wanted out of there. I dont think they got away with much of anything.”

One of the yobs was already in the car while the other one jumped into the passenger seat wearing a bog-standard Covid mask. Gavin raced over and attempted to stop them by whacking their windscreen.

He said: “I wasn’t going to stand in front of them because I didn’t want to get knocked down.

"But I thought if I smashed the window it might slow them down or stop them. It didn’t work. All I did was tear my hand open.”

After the pair sped off Gavin called the cops and he was quizzed by detectives. They called him a hero for capturing the incident on video and even getting the car’s registration plate.

But he batted away the praise. He said: “I don’t feel like a hero. I did what anyone would do.

“That’s someone’s house and someone’s property. They had absolutely no right to break in there.

“I don't understand why anyone would do that. We all work hard to have nice things. I’m glad I did what I did and I would do it again in a heartbeat.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."