ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Royal Mail has refused to fire its poster girl after she shared a TikTok video bragging about only waiting two seconds for people to answer the door before leaving.

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Royal Mail has refused to fire its poster girl after she shared a TikTok video bragging about only waiting two seconds for people to answer the door before leaving.

Post by POSTMAN »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -door.html

Royal Mail postie brags about waiting 2 SECONDS for people

https://www.tiktok.com/@lauraorgill/vid ... 4911926534

Royal Mail refuses to fire its poster girl for TikTok video bragging about only waiting two SECONDS for people to answer the door before leaving
  • Laura Orgill posted video on TikTok showing her shoving leaflet through door
    She waited just two seconds before delivering the 'we missed you' leaflet
    Video is captioned 'when customer takes longer than 2 seconds to answer door'
    Ms Orgill, the self-proclaimed 'TikTok postie', has become an online star
    Posts videos in south Wales' Rhondda valley, where she lives with her girlfriend
Welsh postwoman Laura Orgill, 26, posted the video showing herself shoving a 'we missed you' leaflet through someone's letterbox just seconds after knocking on her rounds in south Wales.

The video - captioned 'when a customer takes longer than two seconds to answer the door' - sees uniform-clad Ms Orgill laugh as she drops off the slip, which tells a customer to collect their parcel at their local delivery office.

Royal Mail said it has spoken to Ms Orgill over the video and has 'reminded her of the need to always uphold the highest standards'.

Ms Orgill, the self-proclaimed 'TikTok postie', has become an online star after posting videos in south Wales' Rhondda valley, where she lives with her girlfriend.

The video - captioned 'when a customer takes longer than two seconds to answer the door' - sees uniform-clad Ms Orgill laugh as she drops off the slip, which tells a customer to collect their parcel at their local delivery office

She shares videos about her work with Royal Mail to the platform, on which she has 745,000 followers.

Ms Orgill has also appeared in a video for Royal Mail's official careers page on Facebook and as a poster girl for the delivery service in a Cosmopolitan article about the 'unlikely celebrities of TikTok'.

The postwoman was inundated with angry comments from customers fed up of having to chase their packages after her 'we missed you' leaflet video was shared.

One said: 'Sacked tomorrow.'

Another said: 'It's been 24 hours since you posted, have you still got your job?'

One viewer said: 'Joke's on you, I've sent this to your employer.'

Another speculated: 'I know it's a joke but it doesn't look good on the company, I'd never post in uniform, wouldn't surprise me if disciplinary.'

And another said: 'This actually really bugs me. I get to the door fast and they've lit got to the bottom of the drive.

'What if someone's old. Give people a chance.'

Another said: 'When you are wheelchair bound and can't rush to the door and they force you to collect the package three miles away.'

Posting a second video after followers queried if she'd been sacked, Ms Orgill said: 'My new tactic this week is no comment, so just no comment.'

Ms Orgill posted another video addressing the reaction she received.

She said: 'Comments like this really upset me.

'All I do is try to upload silly videos day in day out to cheer people up because I know how much they do in these uncertain times and people like this have the audacity to try and bring me down.

'I'm one of the only full-time workers during the pandemic - when parcels went through the roof - which was so hard.

'All I do while working, doing a hard day's graft, is try and find some time to make some videos as I know how much it cheers people up.

'People think I make loads and have six figures in the bank, that's not the case at all.

'Please be mindful of what you're commenting because it can really really affect people.'

It isn't the first time a postie has raised eyebrows.

Roo Rawal was sacked after he was filmed by a member of the public urinating in a lay-by while on duty.

He later won almost £40,000 for unfair dismissal after a tribunal heard 'there is not a person alive' who hadn't at some point been forced to do the same thing.

Responding to Ms Orgill's video, a Royal Mail spokesperson said: 'Royal Mail always strives to give customers the highest levels of service.

'Our postmen and postwomen always go the extra mile to get customers their mail as quickly and as conveniently as possible.

'We have discussed this with the employee concerned, and reminded her of the need to always uphold the highest standards.'
I Wrote
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.

Woody Guthrie

Re: Royal Mail has refused to fire its poster girl after she shared a TikTok video bragging about only waiting two seconds for people to answer the door before leaving.

Post by Woody Guthrie »

You and I... Gone in 60 seconds.
I need to get into this ticking tocking thing. :cuppa
Only dead fish follow the current
barcajr

Re: Royal Mail has refused to fire its poster girl after she shared a TikTok video bragging about only waiting two seconds for people to answer the door before leaving.

Post by barcajr »

Had it been a straight bloke, he would have been suspended and Gross Misconduct case...
cobrakai
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by cobrakai »

I know of people that have been sacked for a lot less. What a joke
britwrit
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by britwrit »

The job's only a speed bump before she gets a book deal, so whatever.
Pompey Boy

Post by Pompey Boy »

For some reason (make up your own mind) this RM employee appears to think that she has the right to do the following things:
1 Recording videos in a RM vehicle.
2 Recording on private property.
3 Recording in a RM uniform.
She has also admitted to gross misconduct on social media and highlighted to the public one of the dodgy practices dodgy posties have been using for years.
I remember a few years ago at POMC a few RM guys posted videos on Youtube filmed inside POMC, doing some very stupid things. A few got hammered and clung on to their jobs by the skin of their teeth helped by our excellent CWU reps, while those who had a cosy relationship with the MC Guvnor were OK.
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Post by POSTMAN »

Yes it was a joke, but you know how social media works.
Royal Mail are now between a rock and a hard place, what do they do if she fecks up again?

On a side note there was a MRM story about her that seems to have been deleted as I can't find it, but when I 1st read it I was surprised, it linked to one of her videos where she was rapping....using the N word.

That s**t don't bother me, but, you know.
I Wrote
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
panzer4
EX ROYAL MAIL

Post by panzer4 »

Yet another example of Royal Mail management’s total incompetence and bias her actions amount to gross misconduct and brings shame on the service and the posties who do the job properly
wazer

Post by wazer »

My kids have been following Laura since pre covid.Its just a bit of lighthearted fun.Some off videos highlight some of the s**t we all put up with.She made my kids and me laugh.As I said nothing been said to her before .In these times we need all the cheering up
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

twoloops wrote:
12 Aug 2021, 19:38
What about this TikTok er :wave
Tweets removed as we can't see them now
This account owner limits who can view their Tweets
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

My opinion. She was perhaps a little naive with the particular skit and hopefully, she has learned from this episode.

As to gross misconduct, I think that's a stretch as we don't know if the tik tok was staged or not. My guess is that it was staged and wasn't done with any ill intent, she wanted to raise a smile amongst posties and residents, but it backfired.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
goneaway

Post by goneaway »

I'd heard it was staged and that in the video, she was delivering a letter to her own house.