ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Postman saves girl's letter from bin after she gave Dad's address as 'heaven'

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Postman saves girl's letter from bin after she gave Dad's address as 'heaven'

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://metro.co.uk/2021/06/23/leiceste ... wsnow-feed

A kindly postman has returned a young girl’s letter that she wrote on Father’s Day to her late dad and tried to send to ‘heaven.’

Sianna Tully, 8, addressed her card ‘To Dad, Heaven, Cloud 9, P.O Box 29’ and popped it in a post box on Sunday.

Concerned it might be thrown away as it didn’t have a stamp, the postie who found the note tracked down Sianna via an appeal on social media.

The man, who has chosen to remain anonymous, recently lost his own father and wanted to do something special to let Sianna know he was thinking of her.

Mum Sarah said Sianna had begged her to let her post the letter late in the evening on Father’s Day on Sunday.

She asked her mum where her dad lives so she could write the address on her homemade envelope.

Sarah said she had to think on her feet and replied: ‘Heaven, on Cloud Nine.’

The little girl wrote the letter in private, and Sarah has no idea what is written inside but they posted it in a letterbox near their home in Leicester.

An eight-year-old girl whose father passed away when she was just four months old wrote a letter to him addressed 'To Daddy' and posted it to 'Heaven, Cloud Nine''. Sianna Tully begged her mum to let her post the letter late in the evening on Father's Day, Sunday, June, 20. She asked her mum where her daddy lives so she could write the address on her homemade envelope.

Sianna’s Father passed away in an accident eight years ago when she was just four months old.

As she gets older, she is becoming more aware and inquisitive about him, Sarah said.

Now, every Christmas, birthday and Father’s Day, she writes a letter to her dad.

Sarah assumed that once they’d posted the card it would end up in the bin and was ‘overwhelmed’ to have it returned to them.

The postman who found it didn’t usually cover the route near the family’s house but happened to do so on Monday where he was touched by what he found.

Posting a picture on social media on Monday, he wrote: ‘I’m a postman in the Braunstone area. Earlier today I emptied the red pillar box on Bewicke Road and there was a letter in a child’s handwriting addressed to their dad in Heaven, Cloud 9.

‘I’m trying to find the parents of the child as I would like to reach out to them and with their permission sort out a little something for the child.

‘I myself lost my dad last year and as an adult found it hard, so I can only imagine what this child is going through.’

Sarah became aware of the post after she started to receive dozens of tags on Facebook.

She said: ‘I couldn’t believe what I saw. I am absolutely overwhelmed by the response of the postman and of everyone who has seen the post.

‘I haven’t stopped crying since. I never thought for one second that anyone would find it or do anything with it. I just thought it would go in the bin.’

Sarah has now been able to get in touch with the postman and says they had the most ‘wonderful’ conversation.

She is planning to keep the letter, along with a selection of heart-warming social media comments, in a memory box for Sianna to cherish when she’s older.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."