ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Royal Mail lorry crashes through wall into Norwich park

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Royal Mail lorry crashes through wall into Norwich park

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/news/tr ... ch-7995438

A Royal Mail lorry crashed through a wall in Rosary Road, Norwich, on Monday morning. - Credit: ITV News Anglia

A much-loved mural was destroyed after a Royal Mail lorry careered through a wall into a Norwich park.

The crash happened in Rosary Road shortly before 6am on Monday.

Fire crews from Carrow and Sprowston were called to the scene shortly after, to assist the ambulance service.

Significant damage could be seen to the front of the lorry, as recovery work was under way at around 9am.

A spokesperson for the East of England Ambulance Service said it sent a rapid response car to the scene to treat one person, but that they did not need to be taken to hospital.

A wall in Old Library Wood was destroyed in the crash, along with a mural created by volunteers last year.

Rubble could be seen scattered across the grass, including brickwork and metal railings.

All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."