- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 63752
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: Proud to be part of the Union
The quick-thinking actions of a postman have helped prevent a fire in a bin from engulfing a property in Kite Hill this morning (Thursday).
2 appliances and a fire officer from Hampshire & Isle of Wight Fire and Rescue Service are currently in attendance at a residential property near Fishbourne where a recycling bin has caught alight.
The fire was discovered shortly before 10:00 by a postman on a delivery round. The postie, who wishes to remain anonymous at this time, used the property’s garden hose to begin battling the flames.
Firefighters on scene have told Island Echo that his heroic efforts could well have helped prevent the fire from spreading to the large and ornate property.
Crews are using a hose reel jet to dowse the fire and dampen down the area.
UPDATE@ 10:35 – Wholetime firefighters from Newport and Ryde have now fully extinguished the fire and made the scene safe.
Some damage to the house has occurred, with melted guttering being seen. The bin in which the fire started has also melted, with the lid of the bin now unrecognisable.
Firefighters have now stood down with the incident now brought to a close.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
I am using an automatic grammar and spelling app, your original post if quoted may be amended by default. No judgement in your use of grammar or spelling is intended or meant.
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot] and 7 guests