ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

CWU.ORG : Driver recruitment campaign under way within Royal Mail

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

CWU.ORG : Driver recruitment campaign under way within Royal Mail

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.cwu.org/news/driver-recruit ... oyal-mail/

Hundreds of qualified drivers needed, company agrees to provide CPC training…

“This is potentially fantastic news for members and a positive sign in terms of workloads and revenues – as well as a great example of the practical benefits of the Pathway to Change agreement,” CWU assistant secretary Davie Robertson tells CWU.org, as ‘Wave One’ of Royal Mail’s internal driver recruitment campaign opens.

Over the next couple of months, some 464 new LGV drivers are going to be recruited from among existing, non-driving staff, as a response to the sustained increase in parcel volumes and in accordance with a joint commitment to reduce reliance on external resourcing – i.e. agency drivers.

“This campaign is a significant first step in the right direction – and it also provides career progression opportunities for individuals within the business who have the relevant driving licences (LGV C+E Licence) and want to become professional drivers,” explains Davie, who adds that “the further commitment from the company to provide, free of charge, CPC (Certificate of Professional Competence) training removes what has been an obstacle for many members in the past.”

Training will be made available, online and utilising advance driver coaches, for those individuals who hold the required licence but no CPC, although members will need to attend in their own time.

Recruitment will take place across two ‘waves’, with the first phase under way now and ‘Wave Two’ commencing on 14th June.

“This is an excellent opportunity, and I would encourage all interested members to apply in line with the process outlined in the LTB,” Davie concludes.

Further details, please see LTB 159/21
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."

RHONE

Re: CWU.ORG : Driver recruitment campaign under way within Royal Mail

Post by RHONE »

Might be a silly ? But is a c+e licence a hgv class 1 or is it the old school license holders pre 1997
geordieboy123

Post by geordieboy123 »

Yes it is class 1 mate
RHONE

Post by RHONE »

Doh! :arrrghhh
ConeHater
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by ConeHater »

Given that the NDC operation will move to a new highly automated site in the near future, i’d imagine that the York pushers there should be applying for this in their droves !