ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Ring doorbell : Royal Mail postman caught calling house a f***ing s***hole as he delivered letters **Update**

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Ring doorbell : Royal Mail postman caught calling house a f***ing s***hole as he delivered letters **Update**

Post by POSTMAN »

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/14666240/ ... ouse-hole/

A ROYAL Mail postman was busted appearing to call a house a f***ing s***hole" as he delivered his letters.

Annette Barrett, 40, caught the stand-in postie on her door-cam footage as she tried to track down a missing parcel.

The stand-in postie appeared to call Annette's house a s***hole as he delivered letters

But instead, the homeowner from Walsall, West Mids., appeared to be met with fierce critique.

In the clip, the Royal Mail worker can be seen ringing Annette's doorbell while looking through a pile of letters in his hand.

He appears lost in thought as he says out loud: "What a f***ing s***hole".

Annette, who works for Jaguar Land Rover and prides herself on keeping her home tidy, couldn't believe what she was hearing.

"I was shocked," she told The Sun Online.

"I'd understand if it looked a s***hole but I pride myself on keeping a nice house - the back garden is beautiful."

Annette couldn't believe what she was hearing

Annette's home, which she shares with her partner and their four chihuahuas, is pristine on the inside with an immaculate lawn at the back.

She said: "I found it a bit funnier this morning but I was gobsmacked last night.

"I don't know if it was about the neighbourhood in general, but I've seen a lot worse streets.

"I’d understand if I had a load of rubbish piled up on the lawn but the grass needs cutting and that's it."

The Royal Mail worker, who is standing in for Annette's regular postman, later appeared to deny the allegations after Annette's partner left him a note saying the "s***hole" had reported him.

He was also told to "smile, you're on CCTV".

The postman can be seen spotting the note and says: "I didn't, I wasn't talking about that".

Meanwhile, Annette says she still hasn't received her package.

Video at link.
I Wrote
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.

Pompey Boy

Re: Ring doorbell : Royal Mail postman caught calling house a f***ing s***hole as he delivered letters

Post by Pompey Boy »

Here we go again. In the old days we were spied on by the IB and guvnors. Then came trackers in vans, being timed in and out of the mail yard and being tracked on a PDA. Collection bar codes too. And now we have doorbell cameras. No proof that he was referring to the house, could have been moaning about how badly his walk was prepared if he hadn't done it himself. Out in all weather's and during lockdown. Complete nonstory.
How much worse can it get? A LOT F****** WORSE !!!
Jahpostie
EX ROYAL MAIL

Re: Ring doorbell : Royal Mail postman caught calling house a f***ing s***hole as he delivered letters

Post by Jahpostie »

These lazy fools want to try doing the job instead of sitting in their house ordering crap off the Internet while watching us on camera. I often walk about swearing due to the ignorance of customers and stupidity of some of the crap they buy.
Pompey Boy

Post by Pompey Boy »

Yeah I swear to myself all of the time - helps keep me sane :crazy:

Wonder if she is working from home? If so wonder what her bosses would make of her spying on a postie when she should be working? Just a thought?
Pompey Boy

Post by Pompey Boy »

And then calling The Sun on company time................?
mags999

Post by mags999 »

these ring doorbells should be illegal under the privacy act i certainly dont want to be on someones comedy video night effin disgrace :no no
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

mags999 wrote:
16 Apr 2021, 17:42
these ring doorbells should be illegal under the privacy act i certainly dont want to be on someones comedy video night effin disgrace :no no
They are if the occupier does not follow the guidelines for CCTV. Also, the person who has been filmed may have a case against the homeowner for non-compliance with GDPR and Data Protection. :hmmmm :hmmmm
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
Pompey Boy

Post by Pompey Boy »

Wouldn't that apply to the postie in Scotland then (the one who didn't help the old lady)?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Pompey Boy wrote:
17 Apr 2021, 11:00
Wouldn't that apply to the postie in Scotland then (the one who didn't help the old lady)?
Yes I mentioned it on that thread as well.
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
14 Apr 2021, 08:10
Pompey Boy wrote:
13 Apr 2021, 22:26
Just wondering what HIS rights are about all of this and why aren't the CWU taking this up?
CWU - Nothing they don't need to

A postman, or anyone, in a public place has no automatic right to privacy, so we can be filmed going about our jobs in public places.

People who have CCTV installed must have signs displayed to inform anyone entering the property of this. Anyone who is filmed by a CCTV has the right, potentially, to ask for a DATA request and the information should be released to them under the various guidelines and statutes. They can also ask not to be filmed by the CCTV and if this practicable the owner must accede to the request (in the vast majority of cases it isn't practicable)

https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/
https://www.askthe.police.uk/content/Q717.htm
http://www.protectingyourself.co.uk/sec ... e-law.html
https://redkitehousing.org.uk/~/media/0 ... ashx?la=en
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
Pompey Boy

Post by Pompey Boy »

I always like a level playing field, so perhaps RM should issue us with dashcams and bodycams for our protection.
TopperGas

Post by TopperGas »

Having viewed the video I'm fairly certain after looking at his bundle of post the postie says "f***ing s***loads", I assume referring to the post he still had to deliver whilst he waits for an answer. That would make more sense than what it is alleged he said, given that the front of the house doesn't look like a s.......e, not for Walsall anyway!
koolishy67

Post by koolishy67 »

Anyone can tell he is calling that mail not house
Dorset Plodder

Post by Dorset Plodder »

I love these RING Doorbells. :thumbdown I always approach them from the side (out of view if possible) ... Doorstep the packet (which we're nowadays allowed to do) .... clear the garden..... AND then press send (so their mobile doesn't ping until I'm clear). May sound Bloody Minded but you need something to keep you amuused during the day! :thumbup

I also love the TV advert where the women say, "Hello ... Can you take it around the back"? I always shout at the Tele, "NO ... Get off your Fat Arse and answer the Bloody Door"! :arrrghhh

Good job I don't do it in the street where they can record me. :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
yubin282

Post by yubin282 »

Jahpostie wrote:
16 Apr 2021, 16:22
These lazy fools want to try doing the job instead of sitting in their house ordering crap off the Internet while watching us on camera. I often walk about swearing due to the ignorance of customers and stupidity of some of the crap they buy.
Me too...it's probably best someone isn't recording.
yubin282

Post by yubin282 »

mags999 wrote:
16 Apr 2021, 17:42
I simply refuse to ring them, never had any complaints....so far.