ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Wellingborough postal worker is first winner of 10 Good Deeds campaign for being a 'true superhero'

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Wellingborough postal worker is first winner of 10 Good Deeds campaign for being a 'true superhero'

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.northantstelegraph.co.uk/bu ... ro-3183498

The Swansgate Shopping Centre wants to celebrate Wellingborough and all the 'fantastic' people within it

A Wellingborough postal worker is the first winner of the Swansgate Shopping Centre's 10 Good Deeds community campaign.

To celebrate Wellingborough and all the fantastic people within it, the shopping centre is going to deliver ‘10 Good Deeds’ throughout the year to members of the community.

The initiative, which launched earlier this year, rewards the local community for all the great things they have done to make a positive difference.

Whether it’s helping a neighbour with their food shop, volunteering at a local charity or a shining star who always goes above and beyond to help others.

Each month, the Swansgate judging panel reviews all entries and then selects a nomination as the winner who is rewarded with a special treat.

Nominated by sister Lisa, Karen Day was the first winner and received a hamper full of her favourite goodies and a bouquet of flowers.

Karen said: “It was lovely to have been nominated and to have been picked for the Good Deeds Campaign, it was such a lovely surprise.

"It's great to know that I am appreciated by family, friends, and the community."

Centre manager Lindsay Tickner is really enjoying the launch of this community campaign.

She said: "Karen is a very worthy winner, she is a postal worker for Royal Mail in Wellingborough and has been getting up at 4am throughout the pandemic to work through the huge amount of parcels and mail that has overwhelmed their delivery office.

"Karen then continues to care for her sister in the evening, showing what a true superhero looks like."

And she added: "The Swansgate team are extremely pleased to treat Karen to say thank you for everything she is doing for our community."

The Swansgate Shopping Centre is looking for local schools, clubs, charities, community groups and of course individuals which would benefit from some support.

To make a nomination head to the Swansgate website www.swansgateshoppingcentre.com/whats_on/good-deeds or post your nomination into the Good Deeds postbox located outside the Wilko store.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."