ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Postal workers deserve a fair wage - Newry MLA

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Postal workers deserve a fair wage - Newry MLA

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://newrytimes.com/2022/08/17/postal ... ewry-news/

SDLP Newry and Armagh MLA Justin McNulty has given his backing to postal workers set to commence strike action later this month.

McNulty said postal workers deserved a wage increase that reflects the rising cost of living.

Postal workers are set to begin four days of strike action on 26 August.

Newry and Armagh MLA Justin McNulty says, “Royal Mail workers have the full backing of myself and the SDLP following their decision to commence strike action later this month.

“Like many workers they are finding it harder to survive, with the cost of living crisis spiralling out of control, families’ bills increasing and wages remaining stagnant, something has to give.

“Royal Mail’s operating profit rose by over £70m last year and the company should be using this money to give staff a pay rise that recognises the difficult situation many people are facing.

“If we are going to deal with the multitude of issues facing our society at the minute, then we need to see big businesses passing on their large profits to staff.

“No worker takes the decision to strike lightly.

“They do it because they feel they have exhausted all other options to secure fair pay and working conditions.

“It’s unfortunate that services will be affected by these four days of strike action.

“I would urge Royal Mail to sit down with unions and staff to reach an agreement on a pay deal before strike action commences on 26 August.”
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."

aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Re: ‘Postal workers deserve a fair wage’ – Newry MLA

Post by aiden01 »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
17 Aug 2022, 08:56
http://newrytimes.com/2022/08/17/postal ... ewry-news/

SDLP Newry and Armagh MLA Justin McNulty has given his backing to postal workers set to commence strike action later this month.

McNulty said postal workers deserved a wage increase that reflects the rising cost of living.

Postal workers are set to begin four days of strike action on 26 August.

Newry and Armagh MLA Justin McNulty says, “Royal Mail workers have the full backing of myself and the SDLP following their decision to commence strike action later this month.

“Like many workers they are finding it harder to survive, with the cost of living crisis spiralling out of control, families’ bills increasing and wages remaining stagnant, something has to give.

“Royal Mail’s operating profit rose by over £70m last year and the company should be using this money to give staff a pay rise that recognises the difficult situation many people are facing.

“If we are going to deal with the multitude of issues facing our society at the minute, then we need to see big businesses passing on their large profits to staff.

“No worker takes the decision to strike lightly.

“They do it because they feel they have exhausted all other options to secure fair pay and working conditions.

“It’s unfortunate that services will be affected by these four days of strike action.

“I would urge Royal Mail to sit down with unions and staff to reach an agreement on a pay deal before strike action commences on 26 August.”
Also west belfast mla gerry carrol people before profit had a letter in irish news yday backing postal workers :thumbup :thumbup nothing from the largest parties.