ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Royal Mail Says It Would Suffer a Full-Year Loss From Strike

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
Acca Dacca

Re: Royal Mail Says It Would Suffer a Full-Year Loss From Strike

Post by Acca Dacca »

Well it'd be no use f***ing striking if it meant Royal Mail became more profitable due to the action would it :chuckle
If you tolerate this, then your paid break will be next

POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Post by POSTMAN »

Simon Says

Team - just in - a large customer has been in touch this morning - this is business we spent the last 18mths growing - they will be moving their parcels volume from Royal Mail to Evri - from 22nd August to 12th September….
I Wrote
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
R5001

Post by R5001 »

POSTMAN wrote:
10 Aug 2022, 21:16
Simon Says

Team - just in - a large customer has been in touch this morning - this is business we spent the last 18mths growing - they will be moving their parcels volume from Royal Mail to Evri - from 22nd August to 12th September….
Is it GLS? I bet it's GLS.

:shhhhh
twoloops

Post by twoloops »

Apart from the announced 4 strike days can we announce more days/weeks without anymore voting?
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Post by POSTMAN »

twoloops wrote:
10 Aug 2022, 21:29
Apart from the announced 4 strike days can we announce more days/weeks without anymore voting?
Yes
I Wrote
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
Weetrogg2

Post by Weetrogg2 »

Si,better tell this big customer to switch to another courier at least until after Christmas 👍 You have brought on this battle on and as far as I am concerned I would rather smash this company to pieces than allow you and your narcissistic friends to get their way.

Of course this is my own personal opinion but in over 20 years I’ve never seen such determination and anger on the shop floor 🤬🤬🤬 As far as I can see we have nothing to lose and everything to gain. ✊✊✊✊
fb1969
EX ROYAL MAIL

Post by fb1969 »

" they will be moving their parcels volume from Royal Mail to Evri - from 22nd August to 12th September…."

They probably saw ParcelForce giving their contracts to Evri and took it as a recommendation. The amount of bullshit Si comes out with, I expect RM to be out of business before Christmas.
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
daveyeff

Post by daveyeff »

POSTMAN wrote:
Simon Says

so they are moving their business for only 3 weeks then? they must know you's are going to cave in. :Very Happy
denhamhoop
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by denhamhoop »

POSTMAN wrote:
Simon Says

Good let them see just how s**t other companies actually are at delivering mail oh shouldn't the company have been spending far longer grower business with them. Cannot be that big a business if they are only operating on a monthly contract basis
neviboss

Post by neviboss »

We are not losing 1M a day, we are potentially losing 1M a day on revenues, so when we deliver 2 or more items to an dress and the sender has 7sed the same label, or the weight on the label says 1kg, when clearly its much heavier.

If they invested in technology that scanned the label and weighed, they could then retain the item/charge the supplier, but they would rather give shareholders 400M, and stick their piggies snouts in the trough for more bonuses and free shares!

Bye bye Simon, and take Ricky and Williams with you!