ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Royal Mail passes ultra ambiguous address test as it delivers letter to Craven chef

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Royal Mail passes ultra ambiguous address test as it delivers letter to Craven chef

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/ ... aven-chef/

A LETTER deliberately ambiguously addressed to a Craven chef and businessman has found its way to his home, thanks to the expert detective work of the postal system.

The letter was addressed to: "Chef Mark Dale, somewhere in the Yorkshire Dales. Likes 4x4 Pajeros, curly haired lad. Some Top hotel chef, might be where the lock in due to snow was. Not sure." Amazingly it found its way to Mr Dale's home within just a few days.

Mark, who lives in Settle, said he had posted 'a whinge' on his timeline on January 8 about a news story the BBC was carrying about how a letter got delivered with no real address. He said how he had received one a few years ago when he was working in Caversham which had been addressed to: 'The house in Upper Caversham with a broken down front wall and loads of lorries and trucks parked on the drive' - or something similar.

He said he couldn't understand why a recent letter delivered without a proper address had made national news when there was so much other worthy stuff going on.

One of his friends, Andy Pem, said he was going to send a letter to him with a recipe in and an 88p stamp to see if it made it to him as a test for Royal Mail and suggested a two-week time limit. He kept his word and posted one off.

Mark said three days later, on that same social media thread, a woman claiming to be a manager with Royal Mail said they had received the letter and could he send an address?

But Mark wanted to make sure the challenge was carried out to the letter and didn't give his location out. He added: "I said well, you're 90 per cent there finding me, so to get my address should be easy now ... and on Thursday it arrived special delivery.

"So well done Royal Mail, and thank you, Nicola Bielby, the lady who commented from Royal Mail, and put a compliments slip in."

Mark said he appreciated the effort they had gone to to find him.

A few of his friends said they too had either received or sent letters in the past which had managed to get delivered while others mused that Royal Mail could find him without an address, yet other parcel delivery companies operating locally were often failing to find homes with a full address and postcode.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."

SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Re: Royal Mail passes ultra ambiguous address test as it delivers letter to Craven chef

Post by SpacePhoenix »

They're very lucky the letter wasn't killed off at the first office it reached
fb1969
EX ROYAL MAIL

Re: Royal Mail passes ultra ambiguous address test as it delivers letter to Craven chef

Post by fb1969 »

Yeah great publicity, I expect Simon will be dribbling over this at the next "trust" meeting.

Shame about the hundreds (thousands) of correctly addressed cards that were posted long before Christmas that are still floating around the system!
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
simmo11

Post by simmo11 »

Pre-Christmas I sent a correctly addressed Christmas card with a first class stamp 5.5 miles across Manchester. It took 15 days.

DO in question now on "problem" list but wasn't at time.
Mr Rush

Post by Mr Rush »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
15 Jan 2022, 07:53
He said he couldn't understand why a recent letter delivered without a proper address had made national news when there was so much other worthy stuff going on.
The cynical answer would be that RM seized upon a feel-good story to counter the bad press it's been getting lately. That would also be why this letter was intercepted and given special (delivery) treatment.
Any Questions?
Yeah, how do I get out of this chickenshit outfit?
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Post by POSTMAN »

Yeah great publicity, I expect Simon will be dribbling over this at the next "trust" meeting.
He does on Workplace, then some OPG's pull him up on the farce that is going on lol
I Wrote
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.