ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Pointless criticism (Dropping Elastic Bands)

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
Lovin Posties

Pointless criticism (Dropping Elastic Bands)

Post by Lovin Posties »

Published on 14/02/2007
Source : North West evening Mail

I AM a postman and recently the Royal Mail has been getting written complaints from certain councillors.

They claim postmen are discarding elastic bands on Barrow streets. One councillor even went to the trouble of counting the number of elastic bands found on one street. Another one followed a postman doing his walk and confronted him.

Do we pay these people their inflated wages to go around doing things like this?

How about following dogs to note where they leave their visiting cards, or people dropping litter all over the place?

I challenge one of these people to get up at 4am every working day to come and do a real job for a change.

NAME AND ADDRESS SUPPLIED

View this story and the latest newspaper in full digital reproduction, just like the printed copy at www.nwemail.co.uk/digitalcopy

johnnyp

Post by johnnyp »

Its amazing the things that people notice, have they got nothing else better to do? :d'oh! I myself have had it from customers about elastic bands i can see there point if your dropping them on there door step,also with the finacial state of the business it does make sense to put them in your bag,pocket or trolley and if possible use them again :Applause
Lovin Posties

Post by Lovin Posties »

I just dont understand why people moans at the end of the day they are just laggy bands I think there is important issues in this world than someone whinging about laggy bands! :wave
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

I think it all started when Leighton went on Radio 2 about it about 6 months ago.

I do notice them more on my round when I've been off and my regulars point this out to me too. One "old dear" even kept them for me till I got back, mind you she is a bit odd.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Post by POSTMAN »

A few years back there was this letter that was shown to me by one of my guvnors,it was from some tv presenter,can't rem who she was now but she used to be on Blue Peter.
Anyway the boring bitch had written to the RM chairman about her postie dropping lakki bands outside her house,bad for the environment and the birds blah blah boring bitch bloody blah.
The thing is the ACTUAL letter had been faxed to ALL offices showing her proper address phone number shoe and knicker size :crazy:
The chairman had asked for all posties to be more carefull and to stop dropping 'em ect.
I rem thinking right ya bitch i'll send you tons of 'em throught the post :chuckle but i forgot :d'oh!
Anyway my kids love 'em,they collect 'em on the way to school. :dance
I Wrote
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
twoloops

Re: Pointless criticism (Dropping Elastic Bands)

Post by twoloops »

Pick em up lads
ssdd

Post by ssdd »

twoloops wrote:
22 Nov 2021, 17:05
Pick em up lads https://twitter.com/louisemorjaria/stat ... 24738?s=21
I see you've been raising the dead lately with your posts twoloops. Nice work. Is this going to be a new Mumsnet thread?
Chimps_tea_party
EX ROYAL MAIL

Post by Chimps_tea_party »

ssdd wrote:
22 Nov 2021, 19:23
twoloops wrote:
22 Nov 2021, 17:05
Pick em up lads https://twitter.com/louisemorjaria/stat ... 24738?s=21
I see you've been raising the dead lately with your posts twoloops. Nice work. Is this going to be a new Mumsnet thread?
It's heartwarming to note your concern for the environment.
Retired ex- Royal Mail.
Munchboii
EX ROYAL MAIL

Post by Munchboii »

Lovin Posties wrote:
14 Feb 2007, 16:29
Published on 14/02/2007
Source : North West evening Mail

I AM a postman and recently the Royal Mail has been getting written complaints from certain councillors.

They claim postmen are discarding elastic bands on Barrow streets. One councillor even went to the trouble of counting the number of elastic bands found on one street. Another one followed a postman doing his walk and confronted him.

Do we pay these people their inflated wages to go around doing things like this?

How about following dogs to note where they leave their visiting cards, or people dropping litter all over the place?

I challenge one of these people to get up at 4am every working day to come and do a real job for a change.

NAME AND ADDRESS SUPPLIED

View this story and the latest newspaper in full digital reproduction, just like the printed copy at www.nwemail.co.uk/digitalcopy
Legend. Well done that man :Applause :Applause