not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Cwu - van sharing

10 Oct 2020, 08:37

Have the cwu gone to the government to tell them what's going on? And their lawyers? They should be on tv, news channels etc so the public know what's happening!!!

Cwu - van sharing

10 Oct 2020, 11:14

I don't know about nationally but the Scotland and Northern Ireland Division has taken the fight to the Scottish government.

Motion Text:
"That the Parliament shares the concerns of the Communication Workers Union (CWU) regarding the proposal by Royal Mail for postal workers to share vans; believes that this plan is reckless, flies in the face of protecting the health and safety of postal workers and endangers them and their families, and calls on the Royal Mail to drop these proposals and confirms that its guiding principle should always be, first and foremost, the protection of its workforce."

https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 71&t=97804

Cwu - van sharing

10 Oct 2020, 11:23

postiepete2 wrote:Have the cwu gone to the government to tell them what's going on? And their lawyers? They should be on tv, news channels etc so the public know what's happening!!!

Yes agree it’s ridiculous particularly in certain areas where the virus is spreading so fast, how can they now suddenly believe it’s safe , they’ve clearly just looked at Christmas and made this decision, I for one will refuse even though my partner has already said he wants to get back in van to save long walk out! It’s already caused conflict at our office and the managers clearly are trying to push this by pressuring people but we should refuse it’s clearly not safe enough

Cwu - van sharing

10 Oct 2020, 15:40

matthew68 wrote:
postiepete2 wrote:Have the cwu gone to the government to tell them what's going on? And their lawyers? They should be on tv, news channels etc so the public know what's happening!!!

Yes agree it’s ridiculous particularly in certain areas where the virus is spreading so fast, how can they now suddenly believe it’s safe , they’ve clearly just looked at Christmas and made this decision, I for one will refuse even though my partner has already said he wants to get back in van to save long walk out! It’s already caused conflict at our office and the managers clearly are trying to push this by pressuring people but we should refuse it’s clearly not safe enough

Good stand your ground. I also won’t be sharing a van, the fact it’s voluntary tells you everything. They know it’s not safe and the blame will be shifted on you when you or your family catch Covid. All just to make life easier for these f***ing criminal lazy dictators running this company. When Stuart Simpson is sharing a van to deliver our precious farmfood leaflets then I’ll think about it.

Cwu - van sharing

10 Oct 2020, 15:51

The real reason why its voluntary

http://e-lawresources.co.uk/Volenti-non-fit-injuria.php

Cwu - van sharing

10 Oct 2020, 15:55

ninja wrote:The real reason why its voluntary

http://e-lawresources.co.uk/Volenti-non-fit-injuria.php

I’m assuming anyone offering to share a van will have to sign some sort of waiver? Be interesting to see how that is worded.

Cwu - van sharing

10 Oct 2020, 16:03

I think the CWU should be fighting against this more. I will not share a van, but my risk of catching will increase because of those that choose to share vans. Royal mail should give me a document to sign stating if I contract covid 19 at work they are liable, if they don't provide me with that I should be able to refuse to work until they withdraw the van sharing scheme. I should not have to share the risk that others are prepared to take.

Cwu - van sharing

10 Oct 2020, 23:22

cubanpete wrote:I think the CWU should be fighting against this more. I will not share a van, but my risk of catching will increase because of those that choose to share vans. Royal mail should give me a document to sign stating if I contract covid 19 at work they are liable, if they don't provide me with that I should be able to refuse to work until they withdraw the van sharing scheme. I should not have to share the risk that others are prepared to take.

The union which you should be a member should get the employer to sign in each and every employees name a document stating that they will cover all consequences of the shared vans route they propose as it is not socially distanced a mask will not protect you or your partner from this virus some it is mild others it could be deadly!

Cwu - van sharing

11 Oct 2020, 17:32

are the union aware. There not saying much AGAIN

Cwu - van sharing

11 Oct 2020, 18:35

I'm done with the Union. I expected more. Not a word from the local rep regarding van share while the DOM goes round asking for volunteers. Well not really asking. No action by the end of the week and I will be cancelling my subs.

Cwu - van sharing

11 Oct 2020, 19:40

wazer wrote:are the union aware. There not saying much AGAIN

Royal Mail Group – Re-Introduction of Shared Vans

Over the last few weeks Royal Mail Group has been pressing the CWU to engage and agree the re-introduction of shared vans into Delivery in a controlled manner as they believed it could be achieved in line with government guidance.

As such discussions have taken place between Royal Mail Group and both the Health & Safety Department and the Postal Department regarding ensuring all the relevant safety and wellbeing risks are addressed and a robust risk assessment process is in place.

However given the changing nature of the pandemic and the significant increases in COVID-19 cases alongside the local restrictions being introduced across the country, the CWU has maintained that in view of the current second wave numbers this should not proceed and we would not support it.

The CWU has made Royal Mail Group aware of the above viewpoint and whilst both parties remain in opposing positions, they have stated and communicated to their respective managers that shared vans will be introduced on a voluntary basis from week commencing 12th October 2020 along with a range of operational constraints and risk controls.

Further discussions are due to take place with Royal Mail Group regarding this development and any further updates will be provided as and when appropriate however in the meantime CWU Representatives are advised that the position is we do not support van sharing being introduced and to ensure our members are not forced or intimidated into sharing a van.

Any enquiries in relation to the content of this LTB should be addressed to the Outdoor Department

Yours sincerely,

Terry Pullinger – Deputy General Secretary (Postal)

Mick Kavanagh – Acting Assistant Secretary

Dave Joyce – National Health, Safety & Environment Officer

Andy Furey – Assistant Secretary

Davie Robertson – Assistant Secretary

Carl Maden – Acting Assistant Secretary

Cwu - van sharing

11 Oct 2020, 19:41

Jahpostie wrote:I'm done with the Union. I expected more. Not a word from the local rep regarding van share while the DOM goes round asking for volunteers. Well not really asking. No action by the end of the week and I will be cancelling my subs.

They are beyond useless at this point, any power they did have has vanished over the last 8 months. A Facebook session of terry ranting and saying don’t van share and they think that’s job done. It’s not good enough at all for the salaries these top union people are paid and the amount of subs the CWU collects in general. They should be getting this into the press AND taking legal action on behalf of the members. We all know this van sharing will be voluntary in name only, all sorts of things will be thrown at staff by management to persuade them. Can hear my dom now “oh you don’t want to van share and get Covid? Say goodbye to your delivery and Xmas tips then cos your now the office bitch covering all the crap duties”
Terry and Dave should hang their heads in shame.

Cwu - van sharing

11 Oct 2020, 20:43

Did you not get your 'free' cwu mask last week? The writing was on the cards from that point. Didn't need to be a rocket scientist to work out the next move. Masks at all times in office next. You saw it here first ( or maybe not) lol.

Cwu - van sharing

11 Oct 2020, 21:42

rambo1 wrote:Did you not get your 'free' cwu mask last week? The writing was on the cards from that point. Didn't need to be a rocket scientist to work out the next move. Masks at all times in office next. You saw it here first ( or maybe not) lol.

Free mask?? I didnt get a mask..

Cwu - van sharing

11 Oct 2020, 21:43

postieblueshirt wrote:
rambo1 wrote:Did you not get your 'free' cwu mask last week? The writing was on the cards from that point. Didn't need to be a rocket scientist to work out the next move. Masks at all times in office next. You saw it here first ( or maybe not) lol.

Me neither :thumbdown

Cwu - van sharing

12 Oct 2020, 14:51

Amazon prime day this week that's why

Cwu - van sharing

12 Oct 2020, 15:34

aiden01 wrote:
postieblueshirt wrote:

Get into your area rep, you paid alot of money for that mask in your subs . It's one expensive mask lol.

Cwu - van sharing

12 Oct 2020, 16:02

rambo1 wrote:
aiden01 wrote:
postieblueshirt wrote:

Get into your area rep, you paid alot of money for that mask in your subs . It's one expensive mask lol.

Yeah I'd have to go to area we haven't had a local rep for a couple of years..and no I dont want to be a rep either lol..on that note just worked out that my subs to the union are sitting circa £4000 for my time in royal mail.

Cwu - van sharing

16 Oct 2020, 12:28

Surely Royal Mail cant be advocating van share for areas in Tier three?.Royal Mail delivery offices and mail centres must be ticking timebombs for the virus.Hardly any social distance where I work and nothing being checked.

Cwu - van sharing

16 Oct 2020, 18:16

I’m from zone 3. Working in a zone 2 office. I don’t share a van. However the people that are sharing vans are fiddling with their face coverings. They are on the chin then on the neck then mouth only etc etc. Then when they are driving some are taking masks off. Keeping windows closed. Loading van 1/2 metre away from each other passing the parcels mask free. Total joke. Totally ineffective.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2