not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

overtime not paid

08 Oct 2020, 11:46

Common theme, line manager not putting docket through , say they have but its not there the following week, how often does this happen to people? what are other peoples experiences, u the union aint much help on it, happens to many times, can't be to just one bad lino, how many other people stranley promised their overtime is in but it doesns't appear? is this a money saving exercise?

overtime not paid

08 Oct 2020, 12:26

It happens a lot, just make sure you inform your lino/dom on Saturday or Monday morning the latest about how much Ot you are expecting to be paid, the cut off day is Tuesday.

overtime not paid

08 Oct 2020, 13:04

Happens a lot in my DO. I can pretty much guarantee if a certain manager takes my hours they are either less then what was agreed or I don't get them at all. Get fed up of chasing them. Got so bad I went to the DOM that is a fairly decent guy, gave him a list and finally got what was owing. I record every hour in a diary and always check. Not looking forward to it all building up again with Christmas on the horizon.

overtime not paid

08 Oct 2020, 15:46

Happens all the time. It becomes tiresome. So much so that now I try to do no overtime at all just because I cannot face the grief of trying to get paid what I'm due. The other fun part of it is trying to find the overtime sheet as they hide it. You couldn't make it up. We get paid buttons and have to go through hoops to get paid the pennies we are due.

I suspect they have weekly targets and 'adjust' accordingly. One of the many DOMs frequenting this board could maybe confirm.....

overtime not paid

08 Oct 2020, 20:59

yeah it is quite upsetting, you work hard, hard graft job, and sometimes even if you say, you still dont get it again the following week,

overtime not paid

08 Oct 2020, 21:52

Eventually it gets paid. I just keep adding it on the sheet as belated.

overtime not paid

08 Oct 2020, 21:57

we don't have a belated sheet, lino has no overtime sheet fullstop, relying on his memory, waste of time, we don;t have overtime sheets , just word of mouth,

overtime not paid

08 Oct 2020, 22:40

When the Dom support guy does it at ours it’s always perfect to the minute, when a manager does it then you could be missing anywhere from 10 mins to 7 hours lol

overtime not paid

09 Oct 2020, 07:05

endofdays1982 wrote:we don't have a belated sheet, lino has no overtime sheet fullstop, relying on his memory, waste of time, we don;t have overtime sheets , just word of mouth,

Leave a note next to the signing sheets with your ot, name and times, we do that when we have no Ot sheets.

And of course, tell him in person too.

overtime not paid

09 Oct 2020, 07:23

Always one of them " mistakes " that under pays but never over pays , strange that :cuppa

overtime not paid

09 Oct 2020, 22:22

make sure you tell your lino. if your lino doesn't do it, tell another lino and what sector you were covering.

ultimately this is the sort of bollocks that will happen if your payroll is all paper based.

<insert comment about clocking machines>

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1