not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Stage 1 warning for self isolating??

06 Oct 2020, 19:38

Can a stage 1 be issued for self isolating, i have triggered a stage 1 as my 3 days self isolating was my fourth absence within a year the other three were single days
Any advice most welcome

06 Oct 2020, 21:12

No, see the stickies in the Coronavirus forum.
Get your rep on the case at the stage 1 meting.

https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 71&t=94633

06 Oct 2020, 21:19

This is what i read earlier but couldn't work out why i had been called to attend the the meeting. Cheers for the reply

07 Oct 2020, 09:15

The only issue that I can see is why you were self isolating for 3 days. If you or someone in your household has Covid symptoms, or the track and trace system tells you to isolate, then you would have to isolate for longer than that.

It might look as if you are trying to cover 3 days ordinary sickness absence by saying that you were self isolating. Be prepared to provide evidence of where the instruction to self isolate for 3 days came from.

11 Oct 2020, 22:26

It was my partner who had the symptoms. She had a test done and then we had to wait for the result which was negative so i then went in the next day. Also the stage 1 was not issued.

11 Oct 2020, 22:55

Take rep in with you and state the facts about your absence and it is written in the notes before you sign it you will in all probability get a stage warning issued but if this come to an RTU you should be ok if you keep the paper work.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1