not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Removing me off my duty

11 Sep 2020, 17:53

My manager is trying to remove a colleague off his duty for non completion of delivery where does he stand on this??

Removing me off my duty

11 Sep 2020, 18:46

I can't answer your question but try reposting your question in either blue shirts or union room and you'll probably get more of a response.

Removing me off my duty

15 Sep 2020, 14:53

Are they taking the piss?
Why can't they complete?
Has the duty been tested?

Removing me off my duty

15 Sep 2020, 16:24

dantugwell wrote:My manager is trying to remove a colleague off his duty for non completion of delivery where does he stand on this??

He needs a rep.

With a reasonable cause, managers can remove people from their duties. Whether or not the cause is reasonable is why you need Union involvement, perhaps even Area level.

Removing me off my duty

15 Sep 2020, 16:25

Deadly wrote:I can't answer your question but try reposting your question in either blue shirts or union room and you'll probably get more of a response.

Good idea I'll move it.

(not been very active on RMC lately so sorry its late).

Removing me off my duty

19 Sep 2020, 18:17

I would look at the traffic figures first secondly look into if the postman/woman told the managers they would have a problem to fail to complete if so why did the manager fail in his/her duty to make adequate arrangements to get the excess work done? Unforeseen events breakdown road closure bin wagon sheep in the lane manager harassing you out on delivery seen them all have happened to me. Ps they like to remove you so they can prep test you and some frames are a nightmare so stick to your guns and all the best hope this helps you!

Removing me off my duty

21 Sep 2020, 20:44

They can move duty holders for 'operational needs' when certain other duties need covering on an ad-hoc basis.

If said duty holder is correctly following the 'over running proceedure' there is no reasonable grounds to remove him/her from their signed for duty.

Also have a word in posties ear to make sure his/her PDA data does not flag up any irregularities.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1