not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

A question for union reps.

30 Jul 2020, 15:19

You may have been fortunate to not have experienced similar, but how do you approach the situation of members of staff who come to see you/complain about the slightest things, often several times a week.

30 Jul 2020, 16:40

Cucumber wrote:You may have been fortunate to not have experienced similar, but how do you approach the situation of members of staff who come to see you/complain about the slightest things, often several times a week.

What is the issues would help
Are they valid complaints the other
Is been a rep for you the last one

30 Jul 2020, 16:45

Cucumber wrote:You may have been fortunate to not have experienced similar, but how do you approach the situation of members of staff who come to see you/complain about the slightest things, often several times a week.

Every rep has to deal with this.
It's like managing a football team.
Some need a virtual cuddle and some need the socially distanced hair dryer treatment.

30 Jul 2020, 16:50

woofwoof wrote:

What is the issues would help
Are they valid complaints the other
Is been a rep for you the last one

Trust me, it's absolutely inane stuff.

30 Jul 2020, 16:58

Woody Guthrie wrote:

Some need a virtual cuddle and some need the socially distanced hair dryer treatment.

It must (and does in my view) take up immense amounts of their valuable time. Now, I totally understand some issues might be a bigger deal for some than others, but some folks are clearly trying to get absolutely thing that can go for them, to go for them - and to hell with the rest of the office. Surely a rep should be pointing this out to the constant whiners and get them to back off a bit?

31 Jul 2020, 06:09

Just do what our rep does shrug your shoulders and walk away. :cuppa

31 Jul 2020, 21:10

Or just say you'll look into it.... then do nothing!

31 Jul 2020, 22:52

The bottom line is as a rep you have to accept that what might seem like a petty gripe to you or others may be a genuine cause of stress for someone else so you have to judge each case and the person presenting it on their own merits.

The most important job is to prevent things from becoming personal either between management and members or just between members.

02 Aug 2020, 21:37

Cucumber wrote:
Woody Guthrie wrote:

It must (and does in my view) take up immense amounts of their valuable time. Now, I totally understand some issues might be a bigger deal for some than others, but some folks are clearly trying to get absolutely thing that can go for them, to go for them - and to hell with the rest of the office. Surely a rep should be pointing this out to the constant whiners and get them to back off a bit?

What on earth is this man talking about.

02 Aug 2020, 21:57

ballee wrote:What on earth is this man talking about?

Who're you referring to, ballee? If it's Cucumber, she's a she. :cool

C.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

05 Aug 2020, 18:29

You should also mention being called up in the evening to complain about mundane stuff. I feel sorry for my rep.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1