not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

advice req ( sick )

28 Jul 2020, 18:32

hi, I'm currently off and not getting any pay as I've gone over the 12 months in 4 years

i've been off nearly 8 months this time with a reoccurrence of the same problem that I had a couple of years back, having been waiting since April for a new appointment that was cancelled due to COVID and still not been seen ( have tried trust me )

I did have a procedure in Feb which worked but failed again before I got back to work
I was due to go in early March to discuss matters but was told to stay at home (lockdown was just kicking in) , and that's been the case since

I did try to get back and perhaps do 'collections' which I feel I could manage but OHS explained RM want to give a max of 6 weeks rehab and to return to my normal duty of postman, OHS said ive not fit enough to do that ( which im not, but collections I could probably manage) so that was a no go

in the mean time they don't really seem to care now im not getting paid, no phone calls, nothing

any advice would be great thanks

is there anything I could be doing, should be doing etc ?

advice req ( sick )

04 Aug 2020, 11:34

Unfortunately Grievance is the only way forward I would imagine.

advice req ( sick )

04 Aug 2020, 15:28

I think after 8 months, one unsuccessful attempt at resolving it and with no imminent solution on the horizon I would be looking at protecting myself by having the condition recognised as an ongoing disability.

advice req ( sick )

08 Aug 2020, 04:55

harry hill wrote:hi, I'm currently off and not getting any pay as I've gone over the 12 months in 4 years

i've been off nearly 8 months this time with a reoccurrence of the same problem that I had a couple of years back, having been waiting since April for a new appointment that was cancelled due to COVID and still not been seen ( have tried trust me )

I did have a procedure in Feb which worked but failed again before I got back to work
I was due to go in early March to discuss matters but was told to stay at home (lockdown was just kicking in) , and that's been the case since

I did try to get back and perhaps do 'collections' which I feel I could manage but OHS explained RM want to give a max of 6 weeks rehab and to return to my normal duty of postman, OHS said ive not fit enough to do that ( which im not, but collections I could probably manage) so that was a no go

in the mean time they don't really seem to care now im not getting paid, no phone calls, nothing

Could you get paid off on your terms even collections is hard work and maybe get a desk job because I don't know your condition, But a clean break with money in the bank you can train to do anything and something you feel able to do and most importantly want to do!

advice req ( sick )

Yesterday, 11:18

Woody Guthrie wrote:I think after 8 months, one unsuccessful attempt at resolving it and with no imminent solution on the horizon I would be looking at protecting myself by having the condition recognised as an ongoing disability.

it has been by OHS, even though they didnt get around to issuing me with a stage 1 or 2 they obviously contacted ohs to speak to me when I triggered stage 3 , ohs told them all sick was linked and to treat me as disabled

actually have a hospital appointment arranged for next week now

advice req ( sick )

Yesterday, 11:22

k979aaa wrote:
harry hill wrote:hi, I'm currently off and not getting any pay as I've gone over the 12 months in 4 years

Could you get paid off on your terms even collections is hard work and maybe get a desk job because I don't know your condition, But a clean break with money in the bank you can train to do anything and something you feel able to do and most importantly want to do!

I am still hoping to get treated and if its successful to return to normal duties, have been getting out and about last couple of weeks and could probably manage a collection quite comfortably, have hospital appt next week so hoping that things get moving now
one of my conditions is AF, I try to explain it as being able to do anything but its like having to carry a small child around on your shoulders

advice req ( sick )

Yesterday, 15:40

but OHS explained RM want to give a max of 6 weeks rehab and to return to my normal duty of postman,

Vile c***s, what's the point of OHS if you're gonna ignore them!
OHS said I'm not fit enough to do

So, is that it then, ''ok RM I'll let him know, godda go as I've other patients...''
Are OHS not flagging this up somewhere, to someone, somehow, these are human lives that are being played with, who is accountable for this farce!

advice req ( sick )

Yesterday, 17:21

POSTMAN wrote:
but OHS explained RM want to give a max of 6 weeks rehab and to return to my normal duty of postman,

Vile c***s, what's the point of OHS if you're gonna ignore them!
OHS said I'm not fit enough to do

So, is that it then, ''ok RM I'll let him know, godda go as I've other patients...''
Are OHS not flagging this up somewhere, to someone, somehow, these are human lives that are being played with, who is accountable for this farce!

not sure what you mean to be honest, my situation I'm waiting and have been since feb for a out patient procedure that could have me back to normal in a few weeks
i'm currently not fit enough for my 8 mile a day round and wont be until I get this procedure

what I wanted in the meantime was to do maybe a 24 hour collection, or indoor work maybe half a round, but it seems RM are saying come back and you get 6 weeks rehab and then normal duties, take it or leave it, considering the current situation you'd think they would be grateful for all the help they can get but perhaps not

advice req ( sick )

Yesterday, 17:56

If you have a disability you can still keep your job while not being paid and claim for new style Esa and PIP there's different amounts depending on severity.

advice req ( sick )

Yesterday, 23:41

goldy wrote:If you have a disability you can still keep your job while not being paid and claim for new style Esa and PIP there's different amounts depending on severity.

Yes but you must claim ssp first for 28 weeks. Then claim ESA (Employment support allowance) and PIP ( Personal independence payment). There are no face to face examinations due to civic and the backlog is a nightmare. A lot of staff have been transferred to cope with UC ( universal credit) but put the claims in because they are backdated from the day you phone and make a claim. RM should be telling people this but as an ex driver I know they are tosspots. Good luck mate. Phone from 8 in the morning or you will be on the phone for a couple of hours. They brought in extra staff from CAPITA who don't know how to work the system but it's not their fault as nobody has shown them what to do. Also All your time on the sick goes towards your final award from us. When you get the form for ESA don't chuck it because it's like an 80s telephone book because most of the pages will not be applicable to you and require only a tick then next page ect.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1