not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Stage warning

27 Jul 2020, 05:05

If I trigger stage 2 but go sick again before I'm invited for a stage 2 meeting will that absence count towards stage 3

Stage warning

27 Jul 2020, 18:06

All depends on the length of time the following absence was for , if its over 10 days yip stage 3 , or was it an accident on duty etc could argue it ..

Stage warning

27 Jul 2020, 18:26

I disagree.
If you haven't been issued a stage 2 you can't be issued a stage 3.
I could be wrong.

Stage warning

27 Jul 2020, 19:28

clashcityrocker wrote:I disagree.
If you haven't been issued a stage 2 you can't be issued a stage 3.
I could be wrong.

No your right.
All absences up to the day of the stage review are included. so it should only be a stage 2 issue. The OP should be aware that being on a stage 2 is walking the tightrope though :nervous a farther 2 absences or 10 days off will result in a stage 3 or as us oldies say RTU coming into play, and believe me the screws and appeal screw will be looking at their overall attendance record then.

Stage warning

27 Jul 2020, 20:55

Still disagree , some times it takes time to come back from HR your getting issued a warning when they put it in to the PSP system, then when it comes in they back date it to the date of the absence with that stage.
How can they issue it if he went back of sick.
The PSP system will automatically trigger it with his dates on the system for the stage 3

Stage warning

27 Jul 2020, 21:07

Put it this way everyone would come back then go back of before they could issue the warning so they would stay on the same stage of warning. Royal mail ain't that daft.

Stage warning

28 Jul 2020, 00:22

Just found out from my union rep that it doesn't count towards stage 3

Stage warning

28 Jul 2020, 09:10

I would get your rep to phone the area rep , yous could argue it but the manager will still issue a stage 3 . only chance the rep could argue kinda if it was over 8 weeks but you know managers they will issue it.
Unless your a brown nose and the managers runner

Stage warning

28 Jul 2020, 09:18

P.s gd luck with it

Stage warning

28 Jul 2020, 11:05

at your stage 2 meeting you will get the chance to look at your attendance record, it is at this point you should inform them of the further absence, if it hasn't already been included. Failing to do so means you agree with the record, which (at this point in time) you know isn't right. If issued, you should ask for it to be dated from the last day of absence.
Do yourself a favour and make a note somewhere that in 6 months from the date of issue, assuming you meet the required standards (an absence of 3 maybe 4 days) you are then removed from the procedure and revert to a stage 1.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1