not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

LTB 327/20 - ROYAL MAIL: FINANCE SERVICES & HR SERVICES : ANNUAL BONUS SCHEMES 2019/20 : PAYMENT IN JUNE SALARIES

22 Jun 2020, 18:51

MIght be controversial but would be interested to know what justifies a £500 or £375 bonus (and that's 50% of the
potential bonus according to the LTB) for colleagues in the respective Finance and HR departments, compared to pounding
the streets when it's getting dark and chucking down it down in December's 'Seasonal pressure' period.

Are their 'normal' terms significantly lower than an OPG's?

https://www.cwu.org/ltb/ltb-327-20-roya ... -salaries/

Dear Colleagues

ROYAL MAIL: FINANCE SERVICES & HR SERVICES – ANNUAL BONUS SCHEMES 2019/20 – PAYMENT IN JUNE SALARIES

I am now able to report that for our members in both Finance Services and HR Services Royal Mail has made the decision to pay 50% of the maximum 2019/20 bonus potentially available. For CWU members in Finance Services this amounts to £500 and for members in HR Services £375. These payments, which are pro-rata for part-timers, will be made with June salaries (a month earlier than last year).

These bonus payments are being announced in advance of Royal Mail’s publication of their financial accounts which is planned for Thursday 25th June. Accordingly, I am pleased that Royal Mail has recognised the hard work and commitment demonstrated by our members both during 2019/20 and over the exceptionally challenging last three months.

Obviously, it is only natural for members to want a better bonus. However, in the prevailing circumstances, and in particular the Covid-19 pandemic and the inevitable impact on finances, this is a reasonable outcome. Crucially it is also an improvement on last year’s payment which was only a discretionary 30% of bonus potential due to the EBITDAS targets not being met.

If you have any questions in relation to this LTB, please contact Lea Sheridan – lsheridan@cwu.org.

Yours sincerely

LTB 327/20 – ROYAL MAIL: FINANCE SERVICES & HR SERVICES – ANNUAL BONUS SCHEMES 2019/20 – PAYMENT IN JUNE SALARIES

22 Jun 2020, 19:15

Unreal. This coming from the same union that got frontline staff £136.

LTB 327/20 – ROYAL MAIL: FINANCE SERVICES & HR SERVICES – ANNUAL BONUS SCHEMES 2019/20 – PAYMENT IN JUNE SALARIES

22 Jun 2020, 19:21

Maybe they don't earn has much as us?

22 Jun 2020, 19:22

its a f***ing joke and i am slowly losing the will to live with the union , :evil/mad

22 Jun 2020, 19:23

Dindin wrote:Maybe they don't earn has much as us?

well i am sure they dont work as hard as us and that is a fact ,

22 Jun 2020, 19:35

they need to get us another bonus in July.

many supermarkets have offered significantly more to their workers than RM have offered us. Some supermarket workers are getting bonuses every month.

22 Jun 2020, 20:00

This isn’t a Covid bonus though is it?

23 Jun 2020, 08:28

worktotime wrote:its a f***ing joke and i am slowly losing the will to live with the union , :evil/mad

I am from the opposite end, I am slowly losing the will to support "Union members" who decry and complain about others getting a good deal. That approach undermines and drives down wages and bonuses when I think we should be pushing for increases.

Edit: Plus allowing Royal Mail to cancel an agreement because we personally don't benefit from it, is a dangerous step in the wrong direction for me.

23 Jun 2020, 08:29

worktotime wrote:

Nope.

Thats an opinion.

LTB 327/20 - ROYAL MAIL: FINANCE SERVICES & HR SERVICES – ANNUAL BONUS SCHEMES 2019/20 - PAYMENT IN JUNE SALARIES

23 Jun 2020, 16:14

Bonus boost for HR & Finance Services members in Royal Mail
https://www.cwu.org/news/bonus-boost-fo ... oyal-mail/
Hundreds of hard-working administrative grades workers are set for cash payouts between £375 and £500 arising from a long-standing collective bonus agreement.

These payments – which will be paid on a pro-rata basis for part-time workers – will be included with end-of-June salaries and represent a good increase on last year’s annual bonus remuneration.

“We’re pleased that, as a result of our members’ commitment and dedication the business has recognised that the measurement for the financial performance criteria has been overtaken by the Covid-19 pandemic. Royal Mail has agreed to pay an equivalent of 50 per cent of the maximum possible annual figure,” says CWU assistant secretary Andy Furey.

Andy added that this is a better outcome than he had feared when discussions with Royal Mail on this issue began, and he also highlighted the fact that it represents “a positive improvement on last year’s 30 per cent annual bonus payment.

“So I’m pleased today – because our HR members will have an extra £375 next week and our Finance Service members will get an extra £500 in their pockets.

“And I’m also pleased that Royal Mail has recognised the hard work and commitment demonstrated by our members both during 2019/20 and in the most challenging times we have ever known.”

24 Jun 2020, 16:54

worktotime wrote:

These Finance & HR roles will be LA1 graded so they will be on roughly the same basic pay as OPG's but they will not receive any overtime or regular assigned allowances or delivery supplements or reserved rights payments unlike OPG's so will be on far less money as a result so lets not deny them a bit of a bonus as well.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1