not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Shared vans back on?

22 May 2020, 21:47

So according to our Dom we will probably go back to two in a van on June 1st,we will have to wear masks whilst in van together which will make it safe,it appears that the have had enough of failures every day and want to get back ASAP obviously to save money. Have the union agreed this and are people happy with this as I am not comfortable with two in van again

Shared vans back on?

23 May 2020, 08:34

While social distancing measures are still in place this is a non starter.

Shared vans back on?

23 May 2020, 08:53

Didn't we have exactly the same post about 2 weeks ago?

A random manager in a backwater delivery office isn't going to know about a radical change in business policy without the rest of the business knowing so while it's coming from an isolated source I would take it with a pinch of salt.

Shared vans back on?

23 May 2020, 10:52

Correct! Nine Tenths of the stuff on here is what they heard with no source to back it up. That’s what I heard anyway! :chuckle

Shared vans back on?

23 May 2020, 11:42

Glad

Shared vans back on?

23 May 2020, 12:46

Woody Guthrie wrote:Didn't we have exactly the same post about 2 weeks ago?

A random manager in a backwater delivery office isn't going to know about a radical change in business policy without the rest of the business knowing so while it's coming from an isolated source I would take it with a pinch of salt.

He seems desperate for us too start sharing again he has already tried unsuccessfully,and now he seems to think it will be ok as long as we have masks .Ive heard nothing from Union about this and question him again, I just think he is trying desperately to stop us from failing which has now happened a few times, but until it’s official I will refuse then

Shared vans back on?

23 May 2020, 15:45

They are using the same 'mantra' for opening the schools - The 'R' Rate - (Infection Rate) is very low and your risks of catching Covid 19 are greatly reduced than what it was during Lock down. With increase Testing (inc. Have you got it, Have you had it) and Track & Trace coming in, the weight is in favour of further relaxation in June (schools opening, shops and non-essentials stores opening, leisure venues etc..) It's not my judgement to call being a lowly working class postie, but my guess is sometime during June we'll be back to van sharing.

Shared vans back on?

23 May 2020, 16:25

Il wait until they re open parliament

Shared vans back on?

23 May 2020, 18:31

What’s parliament got to do with it ? Bin Men have been out 3 in a lorry, recycling men 3 in a lorry and police, ambulance and fire man 2-6 people in a vehicle No one wearing face masks and no 2 meter social distancing, we will go back to van share when the Cwu and Royal Mail think it’s safe too!! Sod all to do with parliament!!

Shared vans back on?

23 May 2020, 18:47

Cafcant wrote:What’s parliament got to do with it ? Bin Men have been out 3 in a lorry, recycling men 3 in a lorry and police, ambulance and fire man 2-6 people in a vehicle No one wearing face masks and no 2 meter social distancing, we will go back to van share when the Cwu and Royal Mail think it’s safe too!! Sod all to do with parliament!!

He obviously meant when MPs feel it's safe to sit next to each other then he will!

Shared vans back on?

Yesterday, 20:13

Maybe this time next month?.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1