not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Reserve being sent to other offices

17 May 2020, 12:37

I went into work on Friday to be told that both myself and the PT reserve are being loaned out in week eleven to another office in our postcode sector. I spoke to my unit rep and was told that the union have an agreement that NO Posties will be sent elsewhere during Covid 19 pandemic. I went back to my DOM and told her that the union were against this, for obvious reasons. She told me that the Delivery Sector Manager has authorised two hire vans already. I have subsequently spoke to my branch rep and he has told me that there is no agreement for staff moving between offices. He's also told me that staff within struggling units are against staff coming in from different offices. My branch rep has told me that the union will back us and that we should refuse to travel if asked. Looking for some advice?

17 May 2020, 12:47

make sure they give you a van, make sure you dont leave your office until after your start, make sure you take the longest route to the other office under the speed limit, take your break when you get there, make sure you ask other office dom how to band up and dont leave until you are happy you know where you are going, make sure you are back at your office for your finish time.

You will do a max of 1 loop or 15 parcels and other dom wont ask for you again.

17 May 2020, 23:09

Nicos9 wrote:I went into work on Friday to be told that both myself and the PT reserve are being loaned out in week eleven to another office in our postcode sector. I spoke to my unit rep and was told that the union have an agreement that NO Posties will be sent elsewhere during Covid 19 pandemic. I went back to my DOM and told her that the union were against this, for obvious reasons. She told me that the Delivery Sector Manager has authorised two hire vans already. I have subsequently spoke to my branch rep and he has told me that there is no agreement for staff moving between offices. He's also told me that staff within struggling units are against staff coming in from different offices. My branch rep has told me that the union will back us and that we should refuse to travel if asked. Looking for some advice?

The CWU shouldn't be backing you when you refuse, if there is an agreement to stop you being loaned out, they should be putting a stop to it before it happens.
It frustrates me that the union is no longer as strong as when I first joined, you shouldn't have to fight the battle hoping they'll back you. That's exactly why we pay our subs.

18 May 2020, 15:12

For the record, I'm not against being loaned out, just against it during these extremely unusual times. My branch secretary has said that I won't be going. I've looked at the rota for the next four weeks and it would appear I'm not being loaned out. Sadly my manager has been a sneaky f****r and has re instated my weeks annual leave that I'd cancelled. It was cancelled before the union and RM agreed that annual leave should be taken. This is without consultation with myself.

21 May 2020, 20:55

This surprises me because we have had staff from our office go to another office regularly and the other day we had 2 guys come into our place from somewhere else! how is it that managers completeley ignore the agreement then and how can we get this stopped as its still going on and apparantley he told one of our guys he had to go as we were fully staffed that day!

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1