not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Carrying leave over

15 May 2020, 20:20

Hi, Quick question for someone. Can I carry a week over. My mother has health issues and I would like to have a
week in reserve in case I need to take time off for hospital appointments or emergencies.
The delivery support spoke to manager who said no but I always thought you could carry over a week.
I also heard that because of the pandemic, you can ask for your weeks holidays that you picked to be
cancelled and used on other dates. I hope this is true but I would like to see some documentation if
that is the case.
Many thanks for any help on these matters

Carrying leave over

15 May 2020, 20:46

Think it's 5 days you can carry over into a new financial year.

Moving of leave slots will be mostly down to if there's any leave slots for the week you intend to move your leave to

Carrying leave over

15 May 2020, 22:08

I'm carrying 100+ hours. Every year it adds up, can't take it though

Carrying leave over

16 May 2020, 08:26

Our office, one person has 82 days to take after carrying leave over for the last 8years!

Carrying leave over

16 May 2020, 17:01

Broxi51 wrote:Hi, Quick question for someone. Can I carry a week over. My mother has health issues and I would like to have a
week in reserve in case I need to take time off for hospital appointments or emergencies.
The delivery support spoke to manager who said no but I always thought you could carry over a week.
I also heard that because of the pandemic, you can ask for your weeks holidays that you picked to be
cancelled and used on other dates. I hope this is true but I would like to see some documentation if
that is the case.
Many thanks for any help on these matters

Check the Gov.uk site it will give you the full break down of holiday/leave. Business agreement is 5 days

Carrying leave over

16 May 2020, 22:06

Edited from
https://www.burges-salmon.com/news-and- ... rovisions/
01 April 2020
Updated on 22 April 2020

"19/covid19-managing-holiday-and-extension-of-carryover-provisions/
COVID-19 is causing issues for employers at every turn. Whether it is the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme or the status of those on self-isolation, there is something new to get to grips with as each day passes and the right to take holiday is no exception.

In an effort to relieve a potential operational challenge, the government has introduced a temporary change to the Working Time Regulations 1998 (WTR) which allows workers to carry over up to four weeks of holiday for up to two years if issues relating to COVID-19 have prevented the worker from taking it."

The link gives a full explanation of holiday entitlement

Carrying leave over

16 May 2020, 23:09

tonyt450 wrote:Our office, one person has 82 days to take after carrying leave over for the last 8years!

Bonkers! Send some my way if they don't want it.

Carrying leave over

17 May 2020, 04:51

Last year I carried over 11 days no problem

Carrying leave over

17 May 2020, 09:18

We Love our Grandad wrote:

Check the Gov.uk site it will give you the full break down of holiday/leave. Business agreement is 5 days

Many Thanks

Carrying leave over

17 May 2020, 09:19

rogersh wrote:Edited from
https://www.burges-salmon.com/news-and- ... rovisions/
01 April 2020
Updated on 22 April 2020

"19/covid19-managing-holiday-and-extension-of-carryover-provisions/
COVID-19 is causing issues for employers at every turn. Whether it is the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme or the status of those on self-isolation, there is something new to get to grips with as each day passes and the right to take holiday is no exception.

In an effort to relieve a potential operational challenge, the government has introduced a temporary change to the Working Time Regulations 1998 (WTR) which allows workers to carry over up to four weeks of holiday for up to two years if issues relating to COVID-19 have prevented the worker from taking it."

The link gives a full explanation of holiday entitlement

Thank you

Carrying leave over

17 May 2020, 09:34

If or when you leave/retire/get sack/die on the job do you get paid for theses holidays?

Carrying leave over

17 May 2020, 20:05

Hi, I found the following online

Royal Mails Employment policies at a glance had the following excerpt regarding carrying leave over on page 6;

You can carry a maximum of five days over into
the next holiday year. If you want to carry over
more than five days, you will need to speak to
your manager.

In the Royal Mail Coronavirus Frequently asked questions and answers pdf file,
it states on page 9 that you can cancel your current annual leave and request a different date due to the pandemic

Q10. A colleague was due off on leave, but is now not able to travel, can they cancel holidays and
re-arrange for a future date.

You should try an accommodate colleagues as far as possible, explain that any leave postponed will have to
fit in with the resourcing plan for the unit, so while we will try to accommodate their requests, specific
alternative dates cannot be guaranteed.

I hope that this may help others

Carrying leave over

19 May 2020, 11:57

tonyt450 wrote:Our office, one person has 82 days to take after carrying leave over for the last 8years!

That will mostly be lost then. They only go back three years on this one.

Carrying leave over

21 May 2020, 13:31

You can carry five days forward by mutual agreement. If the company say no there is no mutual agreement. It would be really stupid of management to allow people to cancel leave with a view to taking it later. The amount of people employed in any one office take into consideration operational needs and annual leave. Cancelling leave now would leave us so short staffed later that we couldn't function. I'm not saying it's right or wrong but it is the way it is.

Celgar wrote:

That will mostly be lost then. They only go back three years on this one.

PSP AUTOMATICALLY carries over annual leave every year. We have people who have carried leave over for way longer than three years. I myself have about three weeks outstanding. I do this stuff on a daily basis. If I was asked to cancel someones carry over leave the only way I could do it would be to give you a weeks leave in PSP and then not tell you about it.

Don't forget that it is illegal for a company to refuse to let you take your annual leave in the leave year. If they can't accommodate you because of resourcing or operational issues then they MUST let you carry it forward.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1