not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Bag Drops

07 May 2020, 07:45

How do we stand for having our pouches dropped off at people's houses, is this still allowed while the current situation is going on. Thanks in advance

Bag Drops

07 May 2020, 08:13

Is this still a thing?
Shouldn't be needed with park & loop.

Bag Drops

07 May 2020, 09:00

ihatedogs wrote:Is this still a thing?

Yes its still a thing.
We don't park and loop. 1 lift, 3 floors, 200 duties and parking space for 20 to 30.
Meant to be one of the first offices.
We are partially deployed buy they have tried 3 times to fully deploy us, even sending in PWC.

As to bag drops still happens just the householder doesn't touch the bags and cleans the area once they have all gone. Although no bag drops here are in peoples houses, mainly sheds, coal oles, outhouses, patios and lockable containers.

Bag Drops

07 May 2020, 11:20

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
ihatedogs wrote:Is this still a thing?

Yes its still a thing.
We don't park and loop. 1 lift, 3 floors, 200 duties and parking space for 20 to 30.
Meant to be one of the first offices.
We are partially deployed buy they have tried 3 times to fully deploy us, even sending in PWC.

As to bag drops still happens just the householder doesn't touch the bags and cleans the area once they have all gone. Although no bag drops here are in peoples houses, mainly sheds, coal oles, outhouses, patios and lockable containers.
Fair enough, haven't seen a bag drop round here for years. Do you still have the on street bag drop boxes?

Bag Drops

07 May 2020, 12:44

Sure do.

Bag Drops

07 May 2020, 14:21

There's an old one not far from where I live, it's so rusted that if you prodded a side of it with your finger the side would probably give way. Another that bolted to the side of a post box has been removed within the last few years

Bag Drops

07 May 2020, 14:42

Bet royal mail are kicking themselves that they've got rid of bag boxes up and down the country

Bag Drops

07 May 2020, 14:43

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Sure do.

Is that you still use them or you just have them in place? I seem to remember they needed planning permission to put up and so probably need permission to be taken down.Personally I liked them and thought they worked well.Stored My waterproofs in one lol

Bag Drops

07 May 2020, 15:45

scoobydo79 wrote:

Is that you still use them or you just have them in place? I seem to remember they needed planning permission to put up and so probably need permission to be taken down.Personally I liked them and thought they worked well.Stored My waterproofs in one lol

Any that were in a "dangerous" state could probably have been taken down without planning permission

Bag Drops

07 May 2020, 15:59

About five years ago managers asked us to say where any of the boxes still existed as they all had to be removed. Several posties reported where they were, and five years later they are all still there!

Bag Drops

07 May 2020, 16:29

scoobydo79 wrote:

No we use them daily.

Bag Drops

07 May 2020, 16:34

lets push for the grey boxes to be reinstalled i wdnt mind one bit .

Bag Drops

07 May 2020, 16:47

fb1969 wrote:About five years ago managers asked us to say where any of the boxes still existed as they all had to be removed. Several posties reported where they were, and five years later they are all still there!

Many of them not rusted to hell?

Bag Drops

07 May 2020, 17:47

The last couple I looked at while passing seemed ok, but I didn't go too close in case they fell apart! :Very Happy

Bag Drops

08 May 2020, 21:18

Still use them at our place for hct walks and now some guys who work without partner, I reckon it’s the future!

Bag Drops

09 May 2020, 07:11

matthew68 wrote:Still use them at our place for hct walks and now some guys who work without partner, I reckon it’s the future!

No the future is bicycles! you can see the headline in the Courier "Royal Mail trial new green delivery system"

Bag Drops

16 May 2020, 02:07

fb1969 wrote:About five years ago managers asked us to say where any of the boxes still existed as they all had to be removed. Several posties reported where they were, and five years later they are all still there!

After our area went two in a van HA HA they got rid of them under the pretext that blind people were getting waylaid by them as their sticks did not detect them and they subsequently were taken down upon moving forward hence they removed all of them so two in a van worked marvellous people who run this business!

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1