not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

D2ds

05 May 2020, 16:27

Is it correct that we are only taking d2ds to addresses with mail. If so does that mean on Thursday that where we haven’t been we just hand back? I asked Dom who says they all have to been delivered by Thursday even if they don’t have letters, I thought they said only take where you are going! We used to do them over 6 days but now with no mail Saturday and bank holiday it’s near on impossible

D2ds

05 May 2020, 16:53

1/2 right

D2Ds where you are going - any left roll over to the next week.

https://www.royalmail.com/d8/coronaviru ... es-service

Changes to Door to door mailings
We will deliver unaddressed door to door advertising mailings to customers who are receiving addressed letters or parcels at the same time, wherever practically possible.

Door to door mailings provide a very valuable service to small businesses and companies of all kinds as they seek to provide their goods and services. Many small businesses need that support now more than ever. They want to send it, many consumers want to receive it. Door to door mailings also include important communications from local government.

https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 2d#p890189

o If by Friday (or Saturday) you have not delivered the Door to Door with an addressed item and don’t have time to deliver then as an exception during Coronavirus outbreak we can roll any residue into the second week. If not complete by Saturday of week 1, report it as “late” and deliver early the next week with addressed items and any new Door to Door for that week.

D2ds

05 May 2020, 17:07

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:1/2 right

D2Ds where you are going - any left roll over to the next week.

https://www.royalmail.com/d8/coronaviru ... es-service

Changes to Door to door mailings
We will deliver unaddressed door to door advertising mailings to customers who are receiving addressed letters or parcels at the same time, wherever practically possible.

Door to door mailings provide a very valuable service to small businesses and companies of all kinds as they seek to provide their goods and services. Many small businesses need that support now more than ever. They want to send it, many consumers want to receive it. Door to door mailings also include important communications from local government.

https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 2d#p890189

o If by Friday (or Saturday) you have not delivered the Door to Door with an addressed item and don’t have time to deliver then as an exception during Coronavirus outbreak we can roll any residue into the second week. If not complete by Saturday of week 1, report it as “late” and deliver early the next week with addressed items and any new Door to Door for that week.

Ok thanks so I will see what he says on Thursday then as my day off tomorrow and will quote this,

D2ds

05 May 2020, 17:08

I could and probably do have my wires crossed, but I thought the rollover of D2Ds policy stopped as part of the executive action measures that we were up in arms about last week. While changing your existing shift pattern became voluntary last Friday, did RM agree to continue the "no cold calling with D2D" that began on 1st April along with prepping all D2D into the frame on Mondays?

D2ds

05 May 2020, 17:58

It's just a complete mess in regards to d2d's at the moment, people making decisions about them who have never prepped or delivered them and think we can just get them done just like that without any extra time.

D2ds

05 May 2020, 18:04

sorefeet17 wrote:It's just a complete mess in regards to d2d's at the moment, people making decisions about them who have never prepped or delivered them and think we can just get them done just like that without any extra time.

It’s ridiculous we are even doing them now I mean we have 2 this week and have to do by Thursday

D2ds

05 May 2020, 18:33

IloveMYredTROLLEY! wrote:I could and probably do have my wires crossed, but I thought the rollover of D2Ds policy stopped as part of the executive action measures that we were up in arms about last week. While changing your existing shift pattern became voluntary last Friday, did RM agree to continue the "no cold calling with D2D" that began on 1st April along with prepping all D2D into the frame on Mondays?

Warm calling was Royal Mail's idea to start with.
The union wasn't involved in its implementation although they did try to take some credit for it.

D2ds

07 May 2020, 23:05

Absolutely disgusting we are still required to deliver door to doors. Absolutely rammed with parcels yet we're still expected to also deliver Lidl D2Ds this week which collectively per loop are very heavy. It's a disgrace and the union do nothing. What next... Lapsing as well.

D2ds

09 May 2020, 22:09

Jahpostie wrote:Absolutely disgusting we are still required to deliver door to doors. Absolutely rammed with parcels yet we're still expected to also deliver Lidl D2Ds this week which collectively per loop are very heavy. It's a disgrace and the union do nothing. What next... Lapsing as well.
we are still doing lapsing! I asked manager if we can stop it but he basically said no we haven’t got any staff to cover it so I said that’s ok I shall just cut off then which I did Wednesday and Thursday and will probably do Monday until they get the message

D2ds

10 May 2020, 09:48

I'm probably hexing myself by saying it but our DO has had very few D2Ds come in to be delivered for several weeks. We wouldn't have the time available or maybe even space in the frames to do them though especially if the usual six contracts turned up.

D2ds

10 May 2020, 10:10

Celgar wrote:I'm probably hexing myself by saying it but our DO has had very few D2Ds come in to be delivered for several weeks. We wouldn't have the time available or maybe even space in the frames to do them though especially if the usual six contracts turned up.

Once places start to re-open it wouldn't surprise me to see very office get seriously hammered with D2Ds as shops will want to encourage people to start shopping with them again

D2ds

10 May 2020, 11:15

SpacePhoenix wrote:
Celgar wrote:I'm probably hexing myself by saying it but our DO has had very few D2Ds come in to be delivered for several weeks. We wouldn't have the time available or maybe even space in the frames to do them though especially if the usual six contracts turned up.

Once places start to re-open it wouldn't surprise me to see very office get seriously hammered with D2Ds as shops will want to encourage people to start shopping with them again

Will they?
I'm not so sure they'll be wanting crowds of people queuing down the street all two metres apart. I think places like garden centres will already be worried about potentially being swamped from day one.

If you look at who sends the bulk of D2D mailings it's mostly supermarkets and food retail who have all been open anyway.

What we might see more of is companies advertising their new online services.

D2ds

11 May 2020, 11:59

D2ds in our office last week ,not put out,same again this week,,hope if they are put out eventually not expected us to take the lot in one go,presume some could be out of date .

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1