not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

the real rm strategy

03 May 2020, 09:02

in my opinion
is uso not up for review this year
6 weeks of no letter delivery on sats will have major impact on this
with the amount of packets,parcels on the sat WITH letters it would lead to overtime and cut offs
rm have instigated no letters to show ofcom that savings can be made profits made ,jobs cut, streamlined service
the 6 week period will show times not needed with staff finishing earlier using pda capture etc
all the data will be getting gathered and presented in their future plans
am i being cynical??
if i can see this probability surely our top union leaders should appreciate this possibility happening

the real rm strategy

03 May 2020, 09:15

No You are quite right.The union have told people till their blue in the face don’t come in early take Your breaks use trollies.The balls in our court and the delivery wizz kids will screw it up.I was delivering Saturday and a colleague clown drives past Me going home at 10.00 hoping I hadn’t noticed :roll: .Bosses are looking at Saturdays PDA info as We speak I bet planning the next move

the real rm strategy

03 May 2020, 09:19

The workforce definitely did not ask for this to be introduced so that is the first lie. The union have been sending mixed & crazy messages as to what they wanted for us which allowed them to propose this. It is just a thinly veiled trial to provide proof for any changes they would like to see happen later this year. They will massage the figures to suit their own aims but in truth it will not be successful.

the real rm strategy

03 May 2020, 13:02

I think letters will be delivered mon to fri by one group of postmen. Then they will have sat and sun parcels with these postmen doing afternoon collection to make up hours.

the real rm strategy

03 May 2020, 13:40

how are they goin g to be making their hours up when they are taking 6 days mail out over 5 cut offs every day :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana

the real rm strategy

03 May 2020, 16:02

scoobydo79 wrote:No You are quite right.The union have told people till their blue in the face don’t come in early take Your breaks use trollies.The balls in our court and the delivery wizz kids will screw it up.I was delivering Saturday and a colleague clown drives past Me going home at 10.00 hoping I hadn’t noticed :roll: .Bosses are looking at Saturdays PDA info as We speak I bet planning the next move

They have taken the majority of our work away ( letters ) .How are posties on 9 day fortnight and 4 day weeks which are longer days than other offices supposed to fill that time . It’s not our fault Royal Mail have taken the work away and there’s only so long you can walk around doing nothing, as you said the pda shows all .

the real rm strategy

03 May 2020, 18:50

chickenwittle wrote:
scoobydo79 wrote:No You are quite right.The union have told people till their blue in the face don’t come in early take Your breaks use trollies.The balls in our court and the delivery wizz kids will screw it up.I was delivering Saturday and a colleague clown drives past Me going home at 10.00 hoping I hadn’t noticed :roll: .Bosses are looking at Saturdays PDA info as We speak I bet planning the next move

They have taken the majority of our work away ( letters ) .How are posties on 9 day fortnight and 4 day weeks which are longer days than other offices supposed to fill that time . It’s not our fault Royal Mail have taken the work away and there’s only so long you can walk around doing nothing, as you said the pda shows all .

Think those shift patterns you speak of may be for the chop in time anyway.

the real rm strategy

03 May 2020, 19:57

GRS wrote:
chickenwittle wrote:

It looked like that’s the way it was heading until Rico backed down Friday evening.

the real rm strategy

04 May 2020, 05:37

Don’t kid Yourself.Rico hasn t back down.He will just come back from this at another angle.

the real rm strategy

04 May 2020, 08:03

chickenwittle wrote:
GRS wrote:
chickenwittle wrote:

It looked like that’s the way it was heading until Rico backed down Friday evening.

I sincerely hope that the shifts stay. Not that I do one but would feel for the people who will have them removed and have their lives turned upside down. However this keeps cropping up over recent times so that alone makes me feel that their removal is on the agenda. As the post above says, Rico will just come back from a different angle and probably twice as hard.

the real rm strategy

04 May 2020, 14:15

scoobydo79 wrote:Don’t kid Yourself.Rico hasn t back down.He will just come back from this at another angle.

I should have said backed down for now .

the real rm strategy

04 May 2020, 16:58

Ricos names a bit too glamourous for him lol . Dosent look like a rico lol

the real rm strategy

04 May 2020, 17:05

It was their plan all along, mon-fri posties doing letters and everything under shoebox size. Separate packet duties taking everything over shoebox size mon-sun. All they've done is take advantage of the pandemic using legislation that was written into the uso to introduce an unagreed trial which at any other time would have invoked strike action. Watch this space, separating large parcels from letter delivery will be next.

the real rm strategy

04 May 2020, 17:46

using legislation that was written into the uso to introduce an unagreed trial

It's an agreed trial now.

the real rm strategy

04 May 2020, 18:43

Woody Guthrie wrote:
using legislation that was written into the uso to introduce an unagreed trial

It's an agreed trial now.

True, however it was unagreed at the time it was introduced. It only became an agreed trial when the cwu were informed it was perfectly legal and there was nothing they could do about it.

the real rm strategy

04 May 2020, 19:41

The Postman wrote:It was their plan all along, mon-fri posties doing letters and everything under shoebox size. Separate packet duties taking everything over shoebox size mon-sun. All they've done is take advantage of the pandemic using legislation that was written into the uso to introduce an unagreed trial which at any other time would have invoked strike action. Watch this space, separating large parcels from letter delivery will be next.

Taking all the medium to large parcels from us is already being set up via the three superhubs and the DOs that have LATS. Its just a case of the remaining two hubs being built then they are ready to go. Last we heard though the trials for this change were not working as intended so its by no means possible. Best we can hope for is it fails and acts like a gravestone around Ricos neck.

the real rm strategy

04 May 2020, 21:35

Celgar wrote:
The Postman wrote:It was their plan all along, mon-fri posties doing letters and everything under shoebox size. Separate packet duties taking everything over shoebox size mon-sun. All they've done is take advantage of the pandemic using legislation that was written into the uso to introduce an unagreed trial which at any other time would have invoked strike action. Watch this space, separating large parcels from letter delivery will be next.

Taking all the medium to large parcels from us is already being set up via the three superhubs and the DOs that have LATS. Its just a case of the remaining two hubs being built then they are ready to go. Last we heard though the trials for this change were not working as intended so its by no means possible. Best we can hope for is it fails and acts like a gravestone around Ricos neck.

Any new news about them hubs? AFAIK Warrington has been built, no idea if they've got the sorting machines in there. Have they got confirmed locations yet for the other two?

the real rm strategy

04 May 2020, 22:41

The last I heard was that the lease on the midlands one was signed or close but no mention of its location.

the real rm strategy

08 May 2020, 18:29

Mon-Fri is going to be future

the real rm strategy

09 May 2020, 16:39

hans solo wrote:in my opinion
is uso not up for review this year
6 weeks of no letter delivery on sats will have major impact on this
with the amount of packets,parcels on the sat WITH letters it would lead to overtime and cut offs
rm have instigated no letters to show ofcom that savings can be made profits made ,jobs cut, streamlined service
the 6 week period will show times not needed with staff finishing earlier using pda capture etc
all the data will be getting gathered and presented in their future plans
am i being cynical??
if i can see this probability surely our top union leaders should appreciate this possibility happening

But. With 50-60% staff on Saturday, taking everything bar letters, leaves the office in a right state with most people bringing back at least 40 packets if they are taking a full van share on their own. To clear the office down on a Saturday now, would involve 2-4hrs of overtime for each postie working on Saturday. Tracked failures are through the roof. We should be renamed Royal Fail. It is not possible to cut hours when what takes you the longest time, is going up.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2