not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

LTB 185/20 - Easter Saturday 11th April 2020 – Non-Service Day

07 Apr 2020, 10:26

No. 185/20
6th April 2020

Dear Colleagues,

Easter Saturday 11th April 2020 – Non-Service Day

To recognise and reward our members for their commendable efforts in keeping this great public service up and running under extremely difficult circumstances, the CWU believe members deserve a full weekend with their families and a break from the current daily pressure. We equally believe that the public we serve would fully understand and support such an act of appreciation.

Against that backdrop I have today written to the business (letter attached) calling for Easter Saturday to be a non-service day. Branches will be updated immediately once a response is received.

Any enquiries in relation to the content of this LTB should be addressed to the DGS(P) Department.

Yours sincerely,

Terry Pullinger
Deputy General Secretary (Postal)

20LTB185 Easter Saturday – Non-Service Day https://emails.cwu.org/t/d-l-mttyhid-jtfltzjh-i/

LTB 185.20 Attachment 1 https://emails.cwu.org/t/d-l-mttyhid-jtfltzjh-d/

View Online https://emails.cwu.org/t/d-l-mttyhid-jtfltzjh-h/

07 Apr 2020, 11:42

Pointless letter from the CWU to RM as RM don't have any say over whether the Easter Saturday gets declared to be a non-service day

07 Apr 2020, 14:01

What’s the point in the union pushing this . They should focus on safe working and getting us gloves and masks . One poxy day off is not going to change anything, just trying to win brownie points from the work force.

07 Apr 2020, 14:38

chickenwittle wrote:What’s the point in the union pushing this .

They thought it would be win/win.
If RM go for it the union look good.
If RM don't go for it the business looks bad.
It's all a bit amateur.

I don't think they really know what they're doing now.
Seems like desperate times at HQ, not good for us.

07 Apr 2020, 15:29

There's going to be loads not turning up on Saturday now

07 Apr 2020, 15:33

This looks like we're having a non service day it needs changing to possible non service day

07 Apr 2020, 15:41

What is the point of an extra day off at Easter to sit in our house or garden. If the idea is for us to have one less day in a cramped office for safety reasons then the union
should be trying to get more than just one day off. If it is a reward then why not gather all key workers in one group and have a legit bank holiday named after key workers
to acknowledge these workers continuing to work during the crisis. Maybe have the bank holiday next Feb or March after the crisis has, hopefully, finished.

07 Apr 2020, 15:42

Dindin wrote:This looks like we're having a non service day it needs changing to possible non service day

Or "Request for Non-Service Day". Agree Dindin. I thought it was confirmed until I read through the notice.
I can't be bothered making any other comment about this, other than "meh".

07 Apr 2020, 15:46

ssdd wrote:
Dindin wrote:This looks like we're having a non service day it needs changing to possible non service day

Or "Request for Non-Service Day". Agree Dindin. I thought it was confirmed until I read through the notice.
I can't be bothered making any other comment about this, other than "meh".

Ssdd I nearly texted my friends to say we're off Saturday

07 Apr 2020, 16:57

Wot next from Cwu,not allowed to work in rain.

07 Apr 2020, 18:19

chickenwittle wrote:What’s the point in the union pushing this . They should focus on safe working and getting us gloves and masks . One poxy day off is not going to change anything, just trying to win brownie points from the work force.

But it's NOT JUST ONE POXY DAY OFF...is it ??? It gives a run of 4 days off in England and Wales and 3 on the bounce in Scotland at a time many health experts believe the spread of the virus is on the wane !

This could be of strategic importance to the country and I certainly could be done with a few days off !!!

07 Apr 2020, 18:29

Decky Boy wrote:
chickenwittle wrote:What’s the point in the union pushing this . They should focus on safe working and getting us gloves and masks . One poxy day off is not going to change anything, just trying to win brownie points from the work force.

But it's NOT JUST ONE POXY DAY OFF...is it ??? It gives a run of 4 days off in England and Wales and 3 on the bounce in Scotland at a time many health experts believe the spread of the virus is on the wane !

This could be of strategic importance to the country and I certainly could be done with a few days off !!!

Tell that to OFCOM, they're the ones who'll decide if the Easter Saturday is to be declared a non-service day

07 Apr 2020, 18:35

SpacePhoenix wrote:
Decky Boy wrote:

Tell that to OFCOM, they're the ones who'll decide if the Easter Saturday is to be declared a non-service day

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/roya ... -ltnztm7ng

I guess that's Ofcom told

07 Apr 2020, 19:51

Decky Boy wrote:

So f--k n. ireland :thumbdown

07 Apr 2020, 20:43

woofwoof wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote:
Decky Boy wrote:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/roya ... -ltnztm7ng

I guess that's Ofcom told

That's not about Easter Saturday, that's just OFCOM won't be so strict with RM if RM fails mail on any given day

07 Apr 2020, 21:35

Decky Boy wrote:

You will still only be gaining 1 extra day if it were to happen , not 3 or 4 so pointless .

08 Apr 2020, 14:21

No chance of this happening.

08 Apr 2020, 20:15

More chance of them asking us to work Sunday and Monday .

09 Apr 2020, 12:22

chickenwittle wrote:
Decky Boy wrote:

You will still only be gaining 1 extra day if it were to happen , not 3 or 4 so pointless .

An extra day off is pointless? :crazy:
If RM offered to credit you A/L with 8 hours would you say, "no thanks, it's pointless".?

09 Apr 2020, 13:28

Rumple wrote:
chickenwittle wrote:
Decky Boy wrote:

An extra day off is pointless? :crazy:
If RM offered to credit you A/L with 8 hours would you say, "no thanks, it's pointless".?

Your missing the point . In the grand scheme of things 1 day off changes nothing .We have been working through this pandemic for weeks and will continue regardless of having a day off.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2