not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

final pay after resignation

03 Apr 2020, 19:24

Hi
i told my manager i was quiting last thursady and i officially emailed my resignation on tuesday (due to royal mail complete lack of action regarding the handling of the pandemic) (currently concidering a constructive dismisal approach will see)

how long does it normally take to get your final pay and do they automatically give you a breakdown of what they pay is made from
just so i know im not being shafted not that i dont trust my old manager of course

Thanks
Kenny

03 Apr 2020, 20:49

Fair play to you! You’ve got your principles and stuck to them. So many I’ve worked with and on this forum moan and bitch about everything and endlessly threaten to leave and never do. At last someone is prepared to stick their head above the parapet. Can’t help you with the question you’ve asked but just wanted to pop on and wish you all the best!!!

03 Apr 2020, 21:30

Don't forget you are paid for the week you are on - we have never worked a week in hand, so all you would be due this week is any overtime you worked last week - if you resigned last Thursday it is probable you had already been paid for the whole week, which you didn't work, so if you did any overtime it is likely this would be recovered to mitigate the overpayment you received last week

03 Apr 2020, 22:06

feduppostie wrote:Don't forget you are paid for the week you are on - we have never worked a week in hand, so all you would be due this week is any overtime you worked last week - if you resigned last Thursday it is probable you had already been paid for the whole week, which you didn't work, so if you did any overtime it is likely this would be recovered to mitigate the overpayment you received last week

i didnt do overtime but i had holidays to carry over i was meant to be off in april using them and i still have leu days not sure how many at this moment

do i have to prove them or will it be presented with evidence or can my old office just make it up
luckily i keep a record off every day i have off so i can prove if ive had them or not
what im curious about is it HR i will deal with or my old c*** off a boss

03 Apr 2020, 22:10

GRS wrote:Fair play to you! You’ve got your principles and stuck to them. So many I’ve worked with and on this forum moan and bitch about everything and endlessly threaten to leave and never do. At last someone is prepared to stick their head above the parapet. Can’t help you with the question you’ve asked but just wanted to pop on and wish you all the best!!!

thank you
i cant say ive done it for any other reason than im not willing to risk the health of my family (my wife is in the 12week shielding group) to deliver crap
royal mail is puting its employee's in real danger ill get another job i cant say they same about another family

03 Apr 2020, 22:50

kennybones wrote:
feduppostie wrote:Don't forget you are paid for the week you are on - we have never worked a week in hand, so all you would be due this week is any overtime you worked last week - if you resigned last Thursday it is probable you had already been paid for the whole week, which you didn't work, so if you did any overtime it is likely this would be recovered to mitigate the overpayment you received last week

i didnt do overtime but i had holidays to carry over i was meant to be off in april using them and i still have leu days not sure how many at this moment

do i have to prove them or will it be presented with evidence or can my old office just make it up
luckily i keep a record off every day i have off so i can prove if ive had them or not

Holiday year has just started this week, as you left last week, you won't have accrued any, RM have paid you for all of last week, which you didn't work all of, so effectively you owe them for fri/sat ( unless one was your day off) lieu days will already have been on your leave sheet, they have been for the last 2 years since the system changed, if you had any leave to carry over from last year it would probably have accounted for it, were you due any wages you would have got them this week, did you get a wage slip? If not then you were not due any - sorry for the bad news

03 Apr 2020, 23:46

kennybones wrote:
GRS wrote:Fair play to you! You’ve got your principles and stuck to them. So many I’ve worked with and on this forum moan and bitch about everything and endlessly threaten to leave and never do. At last someone is prepared to stick their head above the parapet. Can’t help you with the question you’ve asked but just wanted to pop on and wish you all the best!!!

thank you
i cant say ive done it for any other reason than im not willing to risk the health of my family (my wife is in the 12week shielding group) to deliver crap
royal mail is puting its employee's in real danger ill get another job i cant say they same about another family

Why didnt you just take special unpaid leave for 12 weeks as a last resort?

04 Apr 2020, 09:41

Wish you and your family well d2d and crap mail is not worth a life

04 Apr 2020, 16:18

Acca Dacca wrote:
kennybones wrote:

thank you

Why didnt you just take special unpaid leave for 12 weeks as a last resort?

i didnt know i could i was on a 3 day a week contract and my start time was always after any brief so i never ever new what was happening or changing
that aside i dont want to work for a company that will flagrantley put profit before the safety of its staff
i will say this posties are not exactly helping themselves either
Last edited by kennybones on 04 Apr 2020, 16:23, edited 1 time in total.

04 Apr 2020, 16:20

feduppostie wrote:
kennybones wrote:

Holiday year has just started this week, as you left last week, you won't have accrued any, RM have paid you for all of last week, which you didn't work all of, so effectively you owe them for fri/sat ( unless one was your day off) lieu days will already have been on your leave sheet, they have been for the last 2 years since the system changed, if you had any leave to carry over from last year it would probably have accounted for it, were you due any wages you would have got them this week, did you get a wage slip? If not then you were not due any - sorry for the bad news

i had holidays from last year i was meant to take them in march but i offered to delay them for operational reasons i had no problem doing that
its ok ill phone HR on monday
thanks for your help

04 Apr 2020, 22:59

There is nobody classed as vulnerable in my household, but I really am terrified that I could bring this home to my 65yr old partner and myself. Well done for resigning, I am also a 3 day a week man and I have to seriously consider our safety. I have looked into all the best info that I can find on this virus. The WHO guidelines are not enough. Everybody needs to wear a mask, the only reason its not yet recommended is because there is not enough for all. RMG will not even recognise the risk under current guideline to us and the public. It has been proven several times already that anybody can die of this, This is not a joke, its about saving lives, everybody needs to seriously consider their position in Royal Mail, or at least refuse to work until they comply with government guidelines.

05 Apr 2020, 20:36

Flashman_ wrote:There is nobody classed as vulnerable in my household, but I really am terrified that I could bring this home to my 65yr old partner and myself. Well done for resigning, I am also a 3 day a week man and I have to seriously consider our safety. I have looked into all the best info that I can find on this virus. The WHO guidelines are not enough. Everybody needs to wear a mask, the only reason its not yet recommended is because there is not enough for all. RMG will not even recognise the risk under current guideline to us and the public. It has been proven several times already that anybody can die of this, This is not a joke, its about saving lives, everybody needs to seriously consider their position in Royal Mail, or at least refuse to work until they comply with government guidelines.

The cwu said they would back anyone who walked when they felt the gov guidlines werent being met i sent the branch an email on tuesday im still waiting for a response

my old office had no rep so its not as though i could ask advice locally

i worked for royal mail for 12 years the company has shown no regard for its workforce
i am worried for my financial future but as much as my immediate future however ill get another job hopefully for a better employer than royal mail

05 Apr 2020, 21:05

Acca Dacca wrote:Why didnt you just take special unpaid leave for 12 weeks as a last resort?

I was wondering the same. Twelve weeks leave then whatever else you can manage to get due to health issues, and all on full pay (at least, for six months)
Now you've got nothing coming in, and when you return to the job market in the future there'll be many chasing fewer jobs.

06 Apr 2020, 15:14

Tman wrote:
Acca Dacca wrote:Why didnt you just take special unpaid leave for 12 weeks as a last resort?

I was wondering the same. Twelve weeks leave then whatever else you can manage to get due to health issues, and all on full pay (at least, for six months)
Now you've got nothing coming in, and when you return to the job market in the future there'll be many chasing fewer jobs.

i didnt know i could i was on a 3 day a week contract and my start time was always after any brief so i never ever new what was happening or changing
that aside i dont want to work for a company that will flagrantley put profit before the safety of its staff
i will say this posties are not exactly helping themselves either

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1