not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Bank Holidays! yes again lol

01 Apr 2020, 18:54

Ok so, in the employment policies at a glance pdf for annual holiday it covers bank holidays, it says-
If a bank holiday falls on a day you would normally work, you take the day off.
• If your rest day falls on a bank holiday, your manager will check if workload allows for you to have another day off that week.
If you are unable to take another day off, you can either:
 add the day to your annual holiday entitlement; or
 take the excess hours paid as overtime. This will be paid at the Monday to Saturday overtime rate

the manager is saying, as he can accommodate those people that week, [workload allows] then they are getting the day back, so he can fulfil that, as he can he is saying he doesn't need to look at the other options, addd to annual leave get it paid.

I always thought it had to be mutually agreed, came back from collections tonight and a sheet us up with this is what I am doing, despite the fact I said I needed to get clarity on it, any help or indeed clarity would be great, thanks

01 Apr 2020, 19:02

only other thing I found was from PSP joint statement which says--
Bank & Public Holidays

Normal Bank Holiday arrangements will continue to apply. Employees who work a bank holiday will continue to get either overtime or a day in lieu. The number of hours worked on the Bank Holiday will be credited back into the annual leave quota* (as a bank holiday day off in lieu). The system automatically credits hours worked back to the employee when the correct bank holiday payment is selected. Arrangements for part timers will continue to be pro-rated to ensure everyone is treated fairly regardless of the days in the week they work.

*For clarity where an individual works 2 hours or more and they choose a day in lieu they will be credited with hour’s equivalent to their average attendance for that week.

Where an individual’s rest day coincides with a Bank Holiday they will have the option of being credited with a day in lieu equivalent to the hours they would normally work on that day or alternatively they can claim BH excess equivalent to the hours they would normally work on that day

it says option here? which takes precedence, to me that means the opg decides?

01 Apr 2020, 21:25

It is down to you to decide if you want the day back as annual leave or to get paid for it, yours choice not the Doms.

01 Apr 2020, 21:27

thats what I think, other than what I posted, I cannot find that in writing

02 Apr 2020, 07:03

Not that it makes a great deal of difference , but are you referring to Good Friday or Easter Monday ? It's also very unusual for a manager to be able to accommodate having another day in the same week.
I take it you are full time.

02 Apr 2020, 14:35

I’ve already been allocated Mon next wk & Tues the following week as I am due off on Good Fri & Easter Monday....they won’t pay me O/T for the 2 days & they won’t let me add the 2days to my Annual Leave!! What will happen is that they will lapse it for both days & I’ll come in & do it with 2days worth of work on it for nothing. They will use the Corona Virus as an excuse of course.We currently have about 60-70 off in our office at the moment...

02 Apr 2020, 18:20

tractorboy2 wrote:Not that it makes a great deal of difference , but are you referring to Good Friday or Easter Monday ? It's also very unusual for a manager to be able to accommodate having another day in the same week.

yes full-time, I was under impression that I could have what I wanted, paid, onto hol or day off, he is saying as I have posted above, had it from area rep and he says boss is right

02 Apr 2020, 22:32

apple wrote:
tractorboy2 wrote:Not that it makes a great deal of difference , but are you referring to Good Friday or Easter Monday ? It's also very unusual for a manager to be able to accommodate having another day in the same week.

yes full-time, I was under impression that I could have what I wanted, paid, onto hol or day off, he is saying as I have posted above, had it from area rep and he says boss is right

If the management can give you a day off the same week then that's the managements first option - you have no choice at this point.

If that is not possible that's when you then have a choice - OT or added holiday.

02 Apr 2020, 22:44

yellowbelly wrote:
apple wrote:

If the management can give you a day off the same week then that's the managements first option - you have no choice at this point.

If that is not possible that's when you then have a choice - OT or added holiday.

thanks for confirmation my friend

02 Apr 2020, 23:07

yellowbelly wrote:
apple wrote:

My understanding of it is you get to choose the day off in that week not the Dom.

03 Apr 2020, 07:05

superdazzy wrote:
My understanding of it is you get to choose the day off in that week not the Dom.

• If your rest day falls on a bank holiday, your manager will check if workload allows for you to have another day off that week.

If the workload allowed you the option of different days then you could choose which day.
If the workload only allows for one day then that is the day you are given.

03 Apr 2020, 17:09

Majority of staff whos day of is Friday(BH) have already been given another day off that week.Me now off Thursday,rotaing day was Friday.First time in yrs this has happened

03 Apr 2020, 17:12

wazer wrote:Majority of staff whos day of is Friday(BH) have already been given another day off that week.Me now off Thursday,rotaing day was Friday.First time in yrs this has happened

In depots where there are multiple partial walk or complete walk failures, adding another isn't going to make much odds, plus it stops your annual leave entitlement increasing and reduces the number of people in the building. I'm expecting a lot of OPGs to be given alternative days off over the next two bank hol weeks, which as you say, is something that rarely happens under normal circumstances.

04 Apr 2020, 06:42

wazer wrote:Majority of staff whos day of is Friday(BH) have already been given another day off that week.Me now off Thursday,rotaing day was Friday.First time in yrs this has happened

Shouldn't you actually get Saturday off ? , on the basis that you have to accrue the day off before you can take it.

04 Apr 2020, 07:35

tractorboy2 wrote:

Shouldn't you actually get Saturday off ? , on the basis that you have to accrue the day off before you can take it.

No it's a day off not annual leave.
You only accrue a day if it's actually your day off.

08 Apr 2020, 19:50

I don' t want to risk opening the can up again however, can I get your thoughts on this?
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 15&t=46336

Bank & Public Holidays

Normal Bank Holiday arrangements will continue to apply. Employees who work a bank holiday will continue to get either overtime or a day in lieu. The number of hours worked on the Bank Holiday will be credited back into the annual leave quota* (as a bank holiday day off in lieu). The system automatically credits hours worked back to the employee when the correct bank holiday payment is selected. Arrangements for part timers will continue to be pro-rated to ensure everyone is treated fairly regardless of the days in the week they work.

*For clarity where an individual works 2 hours or more and they choose a day in lieu they will be credited with hour’s equivalent to their average attendance for that week.

Where an individual’s rest day coincides with a Bank Holiday they will have the option of being credited with a day in lieu equivalent to the hours they would normally work on that day or alternatively they can claim BH excess equivalent to the hours they would normally work on that day

So has this been superseded, as the info I posted earlier is being interpreted as if my rest day falls on bank hol then its, if workload allows you get the bank hol in that week, this seems to be saying, if it falls on rest day then you have the choice of what to do,

08 Apr 2020, 21:45

apple wrote:I don' t want to risk opening the can up again however, can I get your thoughts on this?

Bank & Public Holidays

So has this been superseded, as the info I posted earlier is being interpreted as if my rest day falls on bank hol then its, if workload allows you get the bank hol in that week, this seems to be saying, if it falls on rest day then you have the choice of what to do,

Well that post is from 2012, the option for management to have the first option of giving you a day off in the same week is shown in the employment policy
dated 2017 here: https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/mrm/Tim ... ummary.pdf, you quoted the employment policy in your first post on this thread.....

08 Apr 2020, 21:59

yellowbelly wrote:
apple wrote:I don' t want to risk opening the can up again however, can I get your thoughts on this?

Bank & Public Holidays

Well that post is from 2012, the option for management to have the first option of giving you a day off in the same week is shown in the employment policy
dated 2017 here: https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/mrm/Tim ... ummary.pdf, you quoted the employment policy in your first post on this thread.....

Yes I know, the two for me don't match up, I know one is later than the other, however this is Royal Mail here lol, just because its from that far back doesn't mean its not valid, I'm not trying to be funny about out, as I had resigned myself to the outcome the majority said it was, the employment policy at a glance is basic to say the least.

09 Apr 2020, 17:19

apple wrote:
yellowbelly wrote:

Bank & Public Holidays

Yes I know, the two for me don't match up, I know one is later than the other, however this is Royal Mail here lol, just because its from that far back doesn't mean its not valid, I'm not trying to be funny about out, as I had resigned myself to the outcome the majority said it was, the employment policy at a glance is basic to say the least.

apple - yeah I know what you mean, I've spent a lot of time looking through old agreements between RM and CWU since I joined and it's
a nightmare trying to understand what policies have been superceded or not as the case may be.

09 Apr 2020, 18:19

It would seem that its still in force, as this is as of today
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2