not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Injury whilst on delivery - Sick Pay - 12 Months?

24 Mar 2020, 12:42

I incurred a shoulder injury whilst on delivery back in October, I reported this as soon as I returned from my Walk. I hoped that this would heal after a couple of weeks but unfortunately, I tore all of the ligaments when I fell and landed on my arm/hand. I have been fast tracked through and have had the Rotator cuff/Biceps operation, was in a massive abduction sling for 8 weeks and am receiving weekly physio albeit remotely now. I am signed off until April which is my 6 months full pay, although the Consultant, GP and Physio have all said I will not be fit then to return on delivery duties as I have no strength in my shoulder/arm yet.
I have always kept work up to date with texts, and have taken in my Med3 (sick notes). Can you please advise if I would be entitled to 12 months Full Sick Pay as I have read on earlier posts that this has been the case as this was an Industrial Injury caused at work. Thank you

24 Mar 2020, 21:03

not sure about 12 months full pay. maybe,..as it was an accident on duty but your branch or rep should advise. i know you can claim compensation if it was an industrial accident as the union gave me the forms to claim a few years back. that is assuming you are in the union. don't know how to go about a claim if you aren't. sorry.

25 Mar 2020, 12:11

Can you please advise if I would be entitled to 12 months Full Sick Pay as I have read on earlier posts that this has been the case as this was an Industrial Injury caused at work.

Yes, also register the accident with the DWP.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1