not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Sick pay

22 Mar 2020, 10:28

I started employment with royal mail in april 2018 P/T 24 hour permanent, took 1 sick day in January 2019 and receieved a letter from my manager to say my occupational sick pay entitlement is 0 hours . Am i not entitled to my contracted hours if sick going forward?

Sick pay

22 Mar 2020, 11:11

I'm not too sure on the new contracts , but I believe after a year you go onto full rights ie full sick pay. Before this it's SSP. So you should be ok after a year , but no SSP for 1 day as it can only be claimed on the 4th day.

Sick pay

22 Mar 2020, 11:13

You need to be employed for a full calendar year to be entitled to sick pay. You were off for 1 day before you completed that, hence you got no pay for that day. You have now completed 1 years service so you will be entitled to sick pay. You need to have 4 years of no sick days to be entitled to the full 6 months full pay and then 6 months half pay. Those who have less than a years service will get paid sick pay if they are self isolating because of the Corona virus from day 1. I'm sure someone will correct me if any of this information is incorrect.

Sick pay

22 Mar 2020, 14:48

Colleagues, including those with less than one year’s service, will receive full pay in relation to any coronavirus illness or self-isolation.

Unfortunately, that means, any other sickness you don't get sick pay.

Sick pay

22 Mar 2020, 19:59

Ok makes more sense, the letter wasnt very clear regarding this. Thanks for the clarity

Sick pay

23 Mar 2020, 17:50

streets97 wrote:You need to be employed for a full calendar year to be entitled to sick pay. You were off for 1 day before you completed that, hence you got no pay for that day. You have now completed 1 years service so you will be entitled to sick pay. You need to have 4 years of no sick days to be entitled to the full 6 months full pay and then 6 months half pay. Those who have less than a years service will get paid sick pay if they are self isolating because of the Corona virus from day 1. I'm sure someone will correct me if any of this information is incorrect.

That doesn’t seem right to me. After one yers service you are entitled to 6 north’s full and 6 months half pay. This is over a four year period.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1